Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2005, 09:39 AM

So Angry Young peoples attatudes

I have a step son who is 17 (just). He gets a bursary for collage, it isn't alot but he gets by.
For a year now I have been nagging him to get a part time job. He makes all kinds of exuses. At one time it was "I'm enjoying my life right now I dont see why I should get a job" This really made me mad. So I told him I was not providing him with anything ( shoes ect ) Ive stuck to my word but his brother gives him stuff. I dont see why we should have to keep him and Ive said that too.
Anyway, Collage term is about to finish, he'll have no money and I'm not giving him a bolt! We got on to the job conversation AGAIN. He said he knows he'll need money so he'll "just sign on" AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGG. What has got into kids now adays? I hope he cant but I dont know.
I really think it's too easy for the kids now.
My other half has said If he doesn't get a job hell have to move onto campus. He said that the rooms are £70 a week. So OH said well you'll have to get a full time job and do your couse too. The cheeky little sod said that's oo the social will pay it?
I personally think they should bring back national service for all school leavers and collage leavers. When you finish your education get into a service.
sorry rant over
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 09:43 AM
:smt021 teenagers
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

27-05-2005, 09:44 AM
I didn't get pocket money when I was younger I had to have a part time job - and thats when I was at school - I had to learn the hard way that if you want something you have to work for it
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2005, 09:49 AM
I was the same. Got nothing for nothing.

My son ( that's bad I shouldnt make any diffrence) but, he started off with a paper round, then delivered leaflets now has a Sunday job. I thought I had got my stepson young enough but obviously not.

Personally I think alot of them get things too easy
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 09:49 AM
not all young people are like that, i was a great teen, but my parents dont think so lol!!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 09:50 AM
Likewise Emm, I was working from 15 years old when I was at school too - didn't get given the choice, fortunately I was put into jobs where my family were to begin with then naturally branched out and found my own.

Teenagers - definitely hard work
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2005, 09:53 AM
I lied to get my first job in a shop. I was 13 and said I was 14. I worked stacking shelfs in a supermarket. I worked all day Sat and after school till 5p. I got the pricley sum of £4.14 a week. And thought I was rich
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 09:58 AM
Hi jacquie, im 17 and i have had apart time job since i was 15 and i go to 6th form your step son seems very lazy! i dont think that he will get any benefits as you have to prove you have tried to get a job and have been unsuccessful in getting one, i know because my cousin sounds exactly like your step son, and he tried for benefits and was refused, i can see why you are so annoyed
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

27-05-2005, 10:23 AM
When I were a lad, I were down t' pit from dawn till dusk to earn enough to by loaf of bread!

He'll have to realise it's time to stop sponging soon enough. (Hopefully... )
Claire&Jay
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by jacquie
I personally think they should bring back national service for all school leavers and collage leavers. When you finish your education get into a service.
sorry rant over
I agree bring back National service!!! We should start a campaign!! Get rid of the "feral" kids!(Not that i'm suggesting your step son is)
Although mustn't tar teenagers all with the same brush
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >