Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 10:56 AM

Drontal and vomiting

Last night we gave Enzo Drontal at about 6pm, at about 3.30am he chucked up, just a little and he was fine subsequently.

I don't know if the 2 things are related but my question is was the drug in his system long enough to be effective or do I need to give him another dose?

J
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 11:01 AM
How old is Enzo now? I personally would have used Panacur paste as he is still a baby rather than Drontal. I would have thought an adult drontal tablet in a young pup of a small breed would have been a bit too much.
Becky
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 01:31 PM
He's 13 weeks now, I weighed him first to ensure it was the correct dose, I didn't give him a whole tablet!!! He was on Puppy Drontal at the breeders but I was advised by the Vet that the tablets were fine in the correct dosage. I'd be happy to try Panacur, but I thought it was preferable to stick to what his breeder was using?

Would it be best to speak to the vet about this?

J
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 03:40 PM
My 3rd dog doesn`t tolerate drontal.. he`ll vomit and have diarrhoea for about 3 days. I`ve changed all three dogs onto panacur granules now, with no side effects.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 03:41 PM
My dog vomits with every wormer apart from Advocate.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
My dog vomits with every wormer apart from Advocate.
What does advocate cover worm wise please?
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by janie View Post
My 3rd dog doesn`t tolerate drontal.. he`ll vomit and have diarrhoea for about 3 days. I`ve changed all three dogs onto panacur granules now, with no side effects.
mine too.

i use panacur.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
What does advocate cover worm wise please?
Advocate provides:
The Fast Flea Control and Prevention. Imidacloprid spreads rapidly over your pet, killing 98-100% of adult fleas within 12 hours of application. In addition, Imidacloprid controls flea larvae in the pet’s environment and reduces the incidence of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD).

Heartworm Prevention. After application, Moxidectin enters your pet’s bloodstream and with monthly use will prevent heartworm infection in dogs.

Treatment, Protection and Prevention of Gastrointestinal Worms. Advocate's unsurpassed efficacy against adult, immature and L4 larval stages of hookworms and roundworms assures protection against environmental contamination and prevents reinfestation of your pet.

Control of Ear Mites. For the treatment of ear mites, Advocate is highly effective as a single dose.

Treatment and Control of Demodex. Demodex is a skin mite that can cause a potentially debilitating skin condition in dogs. Monthly application of Advocate for 2 to 4 treatments is highly effective in the treatment of this condition.

Treatment and Prevention of Sarcoptic Mange. Advocate eliminates 100% of sarcoptic mange mites after a single dose.

HTH x
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:51 PM
I use panacur - Shadow vomits non stop with drontal for 24 hours!!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks for that Sarah very interesting I may look into getting that one x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >