View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Just caught up I hope he is Ok they are such a worry arent they? Thinking of you.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Hope you get some answers soon Vicki. It's awful when they're ill and you don't know what's causing it.

xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 07:13 AM
Saw Dean last night who instantly diagnosed the problem...... why that man has to have a day off, especially when I need him, is beyond me.....

Anyhoo, Len's problem is with his discs in his spine and the pain from this causes his anus to go into spasm.

As this problem doesn't happen very often, Dean is reluctant to go down the route of x-rays and possible spinal surgery (as am I). It has happened before, but this is only the second time I've taken him to the vet with it.

He has some Diazepam to take for the next five days are they are a brilliant soft muscle relaxant. Len has to go back to see Dean in a week.

In the meantime, I shall be monitoring him closely to see if there's any recurrence of the problem.

Much as I love my dogs, I'm beginning to wonder if a good old fashioned hardy mongrel would be a better choice.... my last one (Dillon) lived to the ripe old age of 18 with no serious ailments..... but that's another discussion I guess.

Thanks to all you guys for supporting me, as usual. I just couldn't cope as well as I do without you - you're just brilliant!

x0x0x0x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-03-2009, 07:23 AM
I am sorry to hear Len's problem is with his back, I was going to suggest that to you today knowing how hard it is for me to sit etc., at the moment, not having the exact same problems as Len though thank goodness.
I hope the diazepam works for him and he can get back to normal asap, poor boy. Thank goodness you have a diagnosis now and can start to help him with it.
Hope those pills work real quick for him.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Thanks Lynn - I know they will make him a bit sleepy, but apparently they're brilliant muscle relaxants which is exactly what the boy needs. Should have asked for some for myself
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 07:28 AM
awwww the poor lad, wishing him a speedy recovery. The Diazpam should kick in quickly. Gentle warm hugs to him from me xxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
awwww the poor lad, wishing him a speedy recovery. The Diazpam should kick in quickly. Gentle warm hugs to him from me xxxxx
Thanks Mel x
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 07:44 AM
Hooray for Dean!!!

Hope Lennon will start to feel more comfortable xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Hooray for Dean!!!

Hope Lennon will start to feel more comfortable xx
Thanks Jules
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Thanks Lynn - I know they will make him a bit sleepy, but apparently they're brilliant muscle relaxants which is exactly what the boy needs. Should have asked for some for myself
they are!!!! I had them over New Year when I slipped a disc in my neck. Apart from the very weird feeling and serious sleepyness they did the trick lol x
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >