Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 03:54 PM

Wish us Luck - Agility Club Annual Xmas Comp

Well tonight its our Agility club's annual Xmas competition with a neighbouring club!

Jess is in pre-beginners with Connor so hopefully they will do ok.

I am helping scribe - eek!!!

Max and I are then in the non-competing group!!! Thought ok that's fine but just realised its only one group away from the competing - help I want to be in beginners!!!!

Its just a bit of fun though and apparently are club never win (the other club is full of collies and competing peeps!)

Will try and take pics but prob. with phone so may not be very good!

Secret Santa for the doggies all wrapped ready! Just need to hope the boys aren't going to have their clown heads on!!!

Jess bless her is really excited and gets to stay up late - even on a school night!!!!

Wish us luck and hope we don't make complete fools of ourselves - but then that's what agility is about isn't it - laughing at yourself!!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Sorry I've probably missed you before you left, but hope you all have a wonderful time.

I bet those collie peeps were quite surprised by your boys (in a good way)

Looking forward to hearing how you all got on.

(PS excuse my ignorance, but what is scribing?)
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Good luck, Rachel and Jess, and have fun! Look forward to the piccies.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Sorry I've probably missed you before you left, but hope you all have a wonderful time.

I bet those collie peeps were quite surprised by your boys (in a good way)

Looking forward to hearing how you all got on.

(PS excuse my ignorance, but what is scribing?)
Scribing is filling out the tickets with the individuals running details on it, like noting down faults that the judge has acknowledged, then the final time or E etc.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Hope you have a great time xxxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Scribing is filling out the tickets with the individuals running details on it, like noting down faults that the judge has acknowledged, then the final time or E etc.
Thanks Westie_N
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Good luck - hope you had a great night xx
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 06:47 AM
hope you had fun , tell us all about it!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Thank you all for the good luck wishes!

We had a super time - can't find the darn USB cable so no idea what the (little amount) of piccies I took came out like but will post asap when (if) find it!!

I enjoyed the scribing loads - concentration required but good fun and a good lesson on competitive agility I guess! And putting the results together was another interesting thing - as in alot of classes many eliminations happened it came down to where on the course you got that elimination!
And then fastest time so we timed all the runs! Someone thankfully bought the proper timing equipment - that is a super bit of equipment!

Did miss watching the dogs run whilst doing it as you jsut have to watch the judge at all times!!!

Great fun and guess what Maxy came home with two rosettes - 3rd in his Agility group (10 faults) and 4th in Jumping (despite an elimination from silly handler error!) Max was in the the non competing group i.e. reasonable ability (questionable sometimes!) but don't compete as yet!

I was chuffed with his runs though as he listened well and had a ball - tail didn't stop wagging - and the mistakes were silly handler mistakes - esp. in the jumping as we managed to avoid the big bogey fence everyone was getting eliminated at but an easy trap I didn't even think about - - great fun overall though definitely

Jess and Connor were great - eliminated in both runs due to setter concentration or wanting to just do the contacts! but he stayed with her and she had control (mainly ) but he is a baby still and still learning. And the main thing is both thoroughly enjoyed it too!

Got some nice secret santa pressies - ball on rope / chew toy and some treats which wll be shared with the other boys !!!

Met up with some friends I haven't seen for 11 years - small world really isn't it - 13 1/2 years - we met through starting obedience with our pups - me with Sacha (miss her) and them with their little yorkie Tilly (she is still going strong) - after we finished we both started agility and we were good friends - they truly got bitten by the agility and bought a sheltie/collie cross Steffi (who was there last night too!) and now have 4 dogs they compete with.

Hopefully we will see each other again either at competitions or if not next Xmas at their club!

Not sure which club won overall yet - but they had some very good dogs and handlers so suspect they did! But everyone just had a great time.

Thanks for the good wishes again and thanks for reading
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 11:17 AM
awe that all sounds brill....................... well done to all, I love seeing your agility vids and photos. x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >