View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 10:27 AM

Limp (can anyone recommend a chiropractor or osteopath?)

2 years ago Cookie developed a limp, she had X-rays the Results came back saying it looked like Cancer!!! we had to wait the longest 2 weeks of our lives for a 2nd X-ray to confirm,thank God it can back negative to Cancer,But more likely extra bone Growth.

A year later she Developed sores on her Skin and was diagnosed with a Auto immune Disease, she was treated with very very High Dose steroids and a anti rejection Drug.

She has done so well that we have been able to reduce the Steroids, to the point that she is no longer taking any at all(Yippee),but since the steroids have stopped the limp has come back.

I would like to take her to see a chiropractor/osteopath,but don't know where to start looking.Someone told me that Mctimothy people only have a years training is this true?

Can anyone recommend,anyone for me,I live in Bedfordshire,but am happy to travel up to say 50/60 miles for the best treatment. she does have acuputre and will start swimming again soon,but she looks so out of line ,Im sure have a good old pull into line would help know end.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 10:49 AM
without trying to sound partronising, I hope that your vet is not continuing to vaccinate after an auto-immune disease has been found...
Is your dog still on the steriods?
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 10:58 AM
No I stopped having her vaccinated 3 years ago.
Vet is happy for me to not have them done now.

She is no longer on steroids,only two anti- rejections Tablets every 3rd Day
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Hi Amie have you asked your vet if he knows of anyone locally?

I would like to take her to see a chiropractor/osteopath,but don't know where to start looking.Someone told me that Mctimothy people only have a years training is this true?
Maybe this could be because the qualification it is a postgraduate diploma in addition to a first degree?