Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks all!

Alfies recall isn't perfect just now (around other dogs..), but I am working on it, and would be a while before I even started to look for another dog, just gathering some info
Lunagal
New Member!
Female 

21-04-2015, 07:47 PM
When I got my second rescue, it took about two weeks for them to get to a point where they were accepting of each other. I got the second one from a foster home and introduced them with a walk in the park. They had a little sort out when we got home initially but any bad behavior was corrected immediately and good behavior praised. We supervised them all the time they were together and if one wanted to play and one wanted some quiet time, we made sure that could happen. Don't force them on eachother early on and because they are ok for a while assume everything is ok. Both dogs need time to adjust and kind of sort themselves out with some support and guidancethey from their humans. Now they still bicker like siblings occasionally but play and sleep together. We have a leash law where I live so when they run free it's at the dog park. I introduced this by going early mornings when we were the only ones there and having them on extender leashes to start as its a big area and I didn't want the excitement of two new dogs together escalating into something that I couldn't tell control fairly swiftly. Once I was confident in their recall on the leashes, I let them off and have had no problems. Good luck
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2015, 03:30 AM
I just had a longing to get another pup and there was Callie at the shelter patiently waiting for me. Our first dog Sophie is very fearful in public. I knew taking her to the shelter to meet him would be a very bad idea. I held my breath and brought him home, letting him into the side yard. I then went around through the house and let her out. She is comfortable in her own yard and it worked beautifully. She went into a play bow in front of him..."Oh boy you brought me a friend!!!". He's maybe five years younger than she is but almost equal in size. I think they say the opposite gender and an age difference is a good thing. It worked for us.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2