Our sister sites
Jojo-eena
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2007, 01:02 PM

To champ show or not ?

Hi All,

Hope you can give me some advice !

I have entered my boy in a champ show in a few weeks, it was a little over enthusiastic, he's only been to a few local shows and although he utterly disgraced himself at the first one was very good with the others. He was not placed etc but I'm not bothered about that as we both learned sooo much.

Now, I haven't been to ringcraft in a while and will be going back this week (it's on so late !) But the main thing is that at the moment he has a bout of teenage acne, so his head is a bit bumpy and his leg his scar is still visable on his back leg (hind leg just up from his paw). So my question is, as I have entered and paid etc, should I just go for the experience - never been to one before and just enjoy it or should I not even bother as he is not looking his best, I don't want to dis-respect the other dogs / owners ??

I'm soo in two minds so welcome help from all you experienced out there
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Personally i'd go, you won't disrespect anyone and the judges will take into account his age and how he is developing anyway.

Go for it and do let us know how you get on, oooooh and pics, I don't think i've seen a pic of your lad.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 01:59 PM
I'd go & give it a try. You can always benefit from the experience & you'll know why if you're not placed. The only time I'd say don't is if you were regularly winning & had a problem that might knock you back.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

26-07-2007, 02:43 PM
I agree with Random and GSD Sue . I would go the experience will be good for both you and the dog. Go and enjoy it and if you win its a bonus
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Def go, forget about the acne and so on, others may have the same, you would be surprised what kinds of dogs turn up at Champ shows, not always the best as you would excpect, so go and just relax, treat it as if an open show and just enjoy it.
Jojo-eena
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Thanks everyone you have helped loads ! I'm gonna go and just enjoy the experience without all the expectations etc. As for pics watch this space
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

26-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Good for you . Look forward to the pics.
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Which champ show you going to ???
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 06:52 AM
Go, absolutely! You will gain a wealth of experience, it doesn't matter if you get placed or not but you will have a great time, pick up lots of tips and probably get some fab advice from other handlers.

Have a great day and I hope you get placed
Jojo-eena
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-07-2007, 07:18 AM
Border1, we're going to the Bournmouth show... it'll be a giggle anyway. Anyone going from here ? It would be nice to meet you
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >