View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Before Dale arrived we discussed lots of names including Glen. OH said 'No He's a Border Collie and glens are in the Highlands. You get dales in the borders.' Somehow it suits him. He looks like a 'Dale'
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2008, 12:59 AM
Sophia, I just love this name I wanted it from the moment I looked at her.

Gala, was already named although we had the choice to change it, I thought it suited her very well so we stayed with it.

Cassie, Again I loved the name and it seemed to suit her very well.
Ocarina
New Member!
Female 

05-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Ok, so this is kinda a long story of how my JRT (Dudley) got his name - i hope your all bored

When I first met Duds he was between 4-6 weeks old – way too small and young to be away from his mother. So one evening my Mom was coming home from a friend house and came across some kids trying to sell this little pup to passers by

Mother being Mother accepted and gave these kids £45!
She than called me and told me what had happened. I naturally drove down to see this ittle fella and instantly fell in love .
I told mother id look after him while he was so small and young with the intention of her having him back.

Its ok, im getting to the point now

So when I was driving back home poor ittle duds was shivering, whether he was cold or nervous or both. When I got home (the OH house) he was still dithering so I began calling him Dithers as it seems to suit him at the time

In the morning when the OH family saw him my Step dad, Dave, asked what he was called, I replied ‘dithers’ he then said ‘’Oh, What a brilliant name Dudders’’ (you see the night before we all watched a movies called The Dream Catcher where the hero is called Dudders)

I than replied to Dave ’No, his names is Dithers, not Dudders’ Dave replied ‘‘you what’’ – BTW Dave is hard of hearing. I repeated my self again and again ‘’HIS NAME IS DITHERS no dudders’’..

Anyways, I persisted to call Duds Dithers but as Dave spent most time with my dog (being the only one at home all day) Dithers began to recognise the name Dudders and ignored me when I used Dithers.

So Dithers is now called Dudders – seemed easier. The only problem is im a little embarrassed when I go and register him at the vets with a name like Dudders, so on the day when the vet asked what his name was i quickly amend it to Dudley, which at the time seemed like a good idea….

And that’s how you call a dog Dudley..

Emma x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 05:02 PM
we called kaos - kaos because we bought tegan just weeks before, theres only six weeks between them age wise, so I said to dougie, it will be kaos with another pup
Heidi987
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2008, 08:07 PM
mine is called heidi because its a german breed
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 08:40 PM
What a great thread

Blue was called Rocky for one day! His KC name is Halladown rock'n'roll man. My OH is in a rock band so hence the name Rocky!!! I hated it so because he is a blue & white bc and because the name suited him i called him Blue

Skye.....mmmm i'm a bit of a hippy chick at heart and love the film The lost boys (sad i know) i've always liked the name Skye since and always said if i had a daughter i would call her Skye (thank god i didn't) so thats why Skye is called Skye (i like it better with a 'e')

Fenn... i love Jilly Cooper books Riders, Polo etc I've always liked the name Fenella from Polo so shorted in to fenn otherwise i'd feel too posh shouting 'Fenella'

Bess was called Bess when i had her. I liked it so it stayed
red-dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Maddie -Rottie because she really was a crazy pup
Brie -DDB Wanted a French name and a friend suggested it.
Phoebe - DDB From the Charmed Ones, I hand reared her along with her 7 litter mated as mum had no milk so she really was a charmed one.
Jessica - DDB Her breeder called he Sumo but I thought she looked sweet and called her Jessica........her breeder was right I should have left it as Sumo......She really does like to throw her weight around
Nemo.....His sire was Moby so decided to to keep the fish theme
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2008, 07:03 PM
UNTAC (Taki) United Nations Transitional Authority in Cambodia, because she was rescued from the streets of Cambodia by a European (me!)
ILO (Finnish Lapphund) is Finnish for joy, very apt, as she is! And in keeping the UN theme/acronym, its the International Labour Organisation as well...

Mary
wilmasmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Lily ,yorkie,her registered name is lily of the valley.
Wilma,giant schnauzer,i wanted a name to reflect her german roots,its short for wilhelmina,which means dark protector
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Harry was adopted, and at 10 years old, we were happy to keep the name he was used to

Cassidy's name refers back to our first Airedale. He was called Oscar - again he was adopted complete with name - but his KC name was Sundance Kid. He died tragically last year, and when his breeder's offered us a puppy from their latest litter, we decided that, boy or girl, the pup would be named (Butch) Cassidy in memory of our precious Sundance Kid.

We do sometimes refer to her as B*tch Cassidy
Page 10 of 46 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »