Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 10:03 AM

New cleaner

well new to me anyway.

On Wednesday I was hoovering my stairs with my cylinder cleaner when all of a sudden the thing started shaking and making a horrible buzzing noise, next thing there's smoke coming out the back end and my smoke alarm goes off mind you had it about 7 years so I'm not complaining.

Have just spoken to a friend of ours who's mate reconditions Dyson's so I'm off later to see what cylinder cleaners he has. I know that he has the earlier cylinder cleaners for about £45 so will hopefully be getting one this afternoon.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Oh I hate that when Vacuum cleaners get that burning smell or start smoking - I panic Hope you get fixed up with a good reconditioned Dyson
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2006, 09:00 PM
The cylinder Dysons are great .. the uprights are not too good in my opinion .. neither get pet hairs up very well, but my dysons have outlasted other cleaners I have had

Rachel
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2006, 08:42 AM
I've heared the Dyson uprights are really heavy which is why I'm sticking to my Oreck lol

So long as the cylinder gets the dust and muck up from round the skirting boards and stairs I'm happy. I've only got a cat now and she spends 99.9% of her time outside so not really got any pet hairs to worry about

Unfortunately he didn't have the one I wanted in yesterday so am having to wait till Monday now
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-07-2006, 08:45 AM
Good excuse not to do the housework Nae
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2006, 08:53 AM
was begining to run out of excuses Anne

Yesterday we managed to decorate our little girls room (looks fab too gone from bright yellow Tweenies to lovely pink and pale purple) and can't put anything back into her room till I've hoovered her carpet and got into the edges and along the skirting boards. Might have to go and borrow one me thinks or go and buy a cheap one in Argos
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2006, 06:49 PM
I had a dyson and it's just packed up!

I've just bought the vax everyday, bagless hoover....it's fantastic x
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Picked up my Dyson (DC02) this morning and boy is it light and quiet

He only charged me £40 for it and it was well worth it. The cleaner I bought from Argos for £40 went back as it was rubbish. I only did one bedroom and I had to empty the bin, then clean the filters cos they were all blocked up.

Hopefully this Dyson will keep going for a bit