Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Maggie H.
New Member!
Female 

17-08-2012, 10:41 AM

Laura's Doggy Paddle Along The Thames

DOGGY PADDLE ALONG THE THAMES!

Hi everyone, I'm Maggie and I have a fifteen year old recue grey hound/saluki cross. I have had him since he was 18 months old and he is a real gem, never had such a well behaved dog!
My daughter has 3 rescue grey hounds from East Midlands Dog Rescue, Enderby (Leicestershire). Every week my two grand daughters bake cakes to sell each Sunday on their open morning. I don't know if anyone is aware, I wasn't until getting involved. that greyhounds in Ireland only have the status of cattle and can be disposed of accordingly. Recently, East Midlands, who rely entirely on voluntary contributions, have huge vet bills. One dog had to have it's tail amputated due to poor care resulting in gangrene. BUT.....my daughter is doing the SPEEDO MARLOW OPEN WATER SWIM which is a mile along the Thames on 26th August to raise money for them. If any dog lovers out there can help, even a pound would help, please go to East Midlands Dog Rescue, where it tells you all about it and you can donate on line. I feel this is a real cheek, but so far she's only got just over £100, she's been in training for months and paying her own travel and over night expenses. Dogsey followers, please can you help with this.DOGGY PADDLE ALONG THE THAMES.
Grateful thanks from all the rescue dogs, Maggie and daughter, Laura.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Hi I can't find a mention of it on the site there??? Can you post a link to it, I think it's a great thing to do and would like to donate x x
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Here's the link

http://www.everyclick.com/lauraswim2012

I've sent a donation. As far as I'm concerned, anyone brave enough to even get in the Thames is a very brave person indeed Good luck Laura, I hope you meet your target
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks MM x
Maggie H.
New Member!
Female 

18-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Hi I can't find a mention of it on the site there??? Can you post a link to it, I think it's a great thing to do and would like to donate x x
Hi and thank-you so much for your support. Maggie H. and Laura. xx
Maggie H.
New Member!
Female 

20-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Hi Moon's Mum, I couldn't find a way of contacting you but wanted to say thanks for sponsoring my daughter, Laura, and for passing on info to another member. Maggie H. xx
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-08-2012, 08:09 PM
G'luck. Watch out for the surfers at Hurley lock!
Maggie H.
New Member!
Female 

23-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
G'luck. Watch out for the surfers at Hurley lock!
Thanks for your support. Maggie H. xx