Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 09:53 AM

Barn eviction

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...side-barn.html

Hearing about this on The Wright Stuff - I don't see why they're getting kicked out. Surely people should have the right to live where they want?

I personally cannot stand sitting in a metal shed in the garden - or standing in it, it's too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter and there's hardly any light getting in. If they want to live there like they have then why not?

I don't know what the daily mail have said about it but I posted the link so people know what I'm on about.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 09:57 AM
have u not read the link? it explains the prob
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 10:07 AM
I've read it but tbh - I don't care, if councils did for us what they should be doing then I would be a little bothered but why waste money tearing it down when they've done no harm to anyone, they've got around a rule - everyone tries it... The council should have checked that the barn was being used as a barn and not any other type of property, especially if it was in a green belt area.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I've read it but tbh - I don't care, if councils did for us what they should be doing then I would be a little bothered but why waste money tearing it down when they've done no harm to anyone, they've got around a rule - everyone tries it... The council should have checked that the barn was being used as a barn and not any other type of property, especially if it was in a green belt area.
No they dont, they broke the law, this says it all to be honest.

They tried to outwit council planners

Planning laws are there for a purpose, if you blatantly ignore them, then you take the chance of paying the price.

As they have,

You may not care that these people have ignored the law, but I wonder if you would care if someone did the same and it effected your personal space.
kobi
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-04-2011, 04:33 PM
this is the same as people building very very nice pigsty's and stable blocks. or hiding your house in a haybarn with a skin of haybales
agricultural buildings are allowed in green belt but they have to be used for their true purpose.
people stand to lose a fortune if they get found out trying to get round green belt planning