register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

21-01-2006, 11:53 PM
I love watching Celebrity Big Brother because its a fascinating insight into people. I don't really care about how famous any of them are - I watch ordinary Big Brother as well.

I sooo want to know who the celebs are who read dogweb - you can pm the info if you want

Sarah come on tell us what drama were you in?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-01-2006, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by Emm
I love watching Celebrity Big Brother because its a fascinating insight into people. I don't really care about how famous any of them are - ?
Me too Emm, and I think they are jolly brave to go in there and have people watching them all the time, I guess a lot of celebrates would not care to put themselves through so much close scrutiny, so it might be difficult to find enought people to take part in the first place . I hope one of the young ones wins...
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 11:21 AM
I have nothing at all against Big Brother of course it's interesting to see how people interact with each other and I allways watch the normal Big Brother.

The only thing that gets to me is this latest trend of lets worship a celebrity which you see in many parts of Britain these days. As Azz said maybe that deserves a discussion of it's own coz I feel I may have taken the BB post off on one (sorry to the author)
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by jake
I have nothing at all against Big Brother of course it's interesting to see how people interact with each other and I allways watch the normal Big Brother.

The only thing that gets to me is this latest trend of lets worship a celebrity which you see in many parts of Britain these days. As Azz said maybe that deserves a discussion of it's own coz I feel I may have taken the BB post off on one (sorry to the author)
I'll bet none of the 'celebs' in the BB are 'worshiped' normally anyone on BB just usually gets a public flogging really don't they...I don't think 'celebs' really are worshiped now a days as much as they are just gossiped about in the way that, who's fat, who's thin, who's heart has been broken or who's in rehab etc.

I agree with you mini...I think anyone who puts themself forward for BB are 'brave' (or stupid!) I wouldn't do it!

Just watching Barrymore babble on in one of his late night discussions...He just doesn't seem with it. I was watching last night and Traci was making me laugh alot, bless her
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Myschevious:
I'll bet none of the 'celebs' in the BB are 'worshiped' normally anyone on BB just usually gets a public flogging really don't they...I don't think 'celebs' really are worshiped now a days as much as they are just gossiped about in the way that, who's fat, who's thin, who's heart has been broken or who's in rehab etc.

BB people will be able to walk down the street as they are not celebs (Which is my whole point)

[B]You'd be suprised, whether it's worship or Gossip, idiots hang in trees literally to get Photos of people in the public eye. I give one poor popular lad a lift home every night cos he gets so much hassle from idiots otherwise.

I wont apologise for finding a man repulsive who had someone found dead in his swimming pool either. He may well be a talented entertainer but i'm sure the parents of the dead boy are not finding BB entertainment. In fact I know their not.
[/B]
Dogsrule
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-01-2006, 03:27 PM
originally posted by Myschevious:I agree with you mini...I think anyone who puts themself forward for BB are 'brave' (or stupid!) I wouldn't do it!
Just shows how different we all are. Brave to me means children/people dying of cancer who fight it? Also firemen who go in to burning buildings everyday of the week. Doctors/surgeons who save our sad little lives. Big Brother lot Brave? Hardly they are just trying to grab back a dying career.

Well said Jake what common sense you have. Nice to see it in this day and age

Maybe a discussion on celebrity's does deserve a post of it's own?
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

23-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Thats a bit irrational isn't it? So just because someone dies on your property they have to give up their own life? What if someone went to one of your partys eat a few too many cream cakes had a heart attack and died, would you give up your life? You know what, I doubt it! And I'm not saying this cos I like Barrymoore, because I don't!

Dogsrule yeh it does show how different we are - I think you have to be brave to go on BB (because it has the potential of changing ur life - for the good or bad), and I don't think you have to be brave to be a Surgeon. I'm sure surgeons are surgeons because of other reasons, whether thats because they want to save lives or make a lot of money, or both - who knows except for them eh.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

23-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Also, why have you JAKE and DOGSRULE posted from exactly the same IP ADDRESS?

Originally Posted by Dogsrule
Well said Jake what common sense you have. Nice to see it in this day and age
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2006, 05:05 PM
I have only watched parts of three episodes and don't like it and don't find it a fascinating insight into how people behave because it's all been done before with previous BBs. With each successive BB they put in people that seem to have even more worrying personal issues of their own and with one another and so behave in a way towards each other which will 'entertain' the viewers.

It reminds me a bit of the ancient arenas where people were pitted against one another, deliberately in the name of entertainment. Fair enough, in those days they died, but even so.

I also don't like this crop as I think their behaviour is vile and they speak in a foul way which I find worrying, rather than entertaining.

But I suppose nobody will want to watch if it's just a bunch of people put together who work well as a team, get on, don't back bite, don't have personal issues, don't judge one another and don't argue or fight with each other.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

23-01-2006, 05:36 PM
originally posted by Lucky Star

It reminds me a bit of the ancient arenas where people were pitted against one another, deliberately in the name of entertainment. Fair enough, in those days they died, but even so.

the thing is these people want to be in the house - with Celebrity BB they are getting paid and they all want to revive their failing careers.

originally posted by Luck Star
But I suppose nobody will want to watch if it's just a bunch of people put together who work well as a team, get on, don't back bite, don't have personal issues, don't judge one another and don't argue or fight with each other.

I think it would be impossible to find such a group of people - I really don't think they exsist (sp?) - its just basic human nature all of what you have mentioned. Its like human survival skills and if you watch all the big brothers they run on the same thing happening. People form groups and appoint leaders of these groups - then the groups kind of compete with each other - there is always a more dominant group and then there are the people who float around between the groups. It really is fascinating for me to watch this - I wish I had the time to write an essay on my people watching from the programme but fortunately for every-one I don't have the time

VOTE GEORGE OUT ON WEDNESDAY !!!!!
Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »