Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Bella is lovely
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Lovely shots Pat. Did you not know you are supposed to pee on any suspicious looks lumps?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Is that a solitary little Bella I see taking her constitutional before other forms of life emerge
Such a sensible little dog
Yes I believe you, like me, are another one who absolutely LOVES walking where no other dogs (or humans) are!

You will be outraged along with me when I tell you that today we saw ONE OTHER CAR in the parking area and FIVE people right out on the salt! (Well it's a public holiday here) I mean I was saying to myself 'who DO they think they ARE!'

I only forgave them because one of the adults (a woman) was playing a tune on a squeezebox and the kiddies were all dancing about to it! Lovely! They'd gone before we got back.

Bella likes to meet her doggy pals on other walks and especially likes to meet their owners but she is just as happy on these solitary walks prancing and running about and investigating her surroundings in peace - and SO AM I.

I feel so lucky to more or less have this place to myself all the time. Can't believe how few people go there. It is a very special place.

And as soon as we get the water back in it these beautiful creatures will be back in their hundreds

Who'd opt for a crowded noisy tourist area or beach when you have wonderful silent isolation at places like the Salt Lake and the big Aliki Park above it? Not me.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Here's a close up of what we are walking on - the salt crust

Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2013, 07:02 PM
It's pretty special at sundown too
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Actually got me thinking there Meg
I reckon TANG and BELLA have their own privately owned areas in Cyprus Either that if all other residents scatter when they appear
Never a sinner about,so peaceful
Ahh well you see Lacey - a lot of the Brits like sitting outside pubs on the seafront all day and watching football on telly (yuk) and the locals like places that sell coffee and have football on telly.

But wherever I live I seek out the 'isolated lovely spots' to walk my dog. Don't really want to be bothered with too many other people moaning about the weather and the price of a loaf of bread!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
She looks like she likes the camera as much as Ella
Gorgeous though! She looks like a tiny doe in the fourth picture!
Yes and she has the same prancing gait as a little roe deer.

This might interest you ...

The Miniature Pinscher is thought to be an old breed, but documentation can only trace it reliably back several hundred years. It was developed in Germany to kill rats in homes and stables.

There it was first called the Reh Pinscher because of its supposed similarity to the reh, or small deer, that used to inhabit Germany's forests.
But as for 'posing for photos' forget it! She is useless! She will stop (she is brilliant at STAY) and turn but that's it. SIT to her means just bob yer bum onto the floor for a millisecond and up again!
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Yes and she has the same prancing gait as a little roe deer.

This might interest you ...
I actually knew that! But as I've lived in the UK for so long I sometimes forget German lol. At first, I knew all the dog breeds in German and had to relearn them in English!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
I actually knew that! But as I've lived in the UK for so long I sometimes forget German lol. At first, I knew all the dog breeds in German and had to relearn them in English!
I used to know the latin name for every plant but can only remember a few now!

These little German spitfires were developed into a distinct breed, the reh pinscher in the early 1800s, so named because of their resemblance to the small red German roe (reh) deer.
Pinscher simply means terrier as you will know. Some say they are the most energetic breed of dog in the world! She has two speeds - busy busy busy or fast asleep!

Just watching her prancing gait brings a big smile to my face every time we are out. She just looks so happy!

She's asleep at my feet on the floor now. Something she only started doing since I got back from UK on Monday. She has a little cushion down there. She used to lie on the daybed, sofa or on my bed. I think she might be making sure I don't sneak off again!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Ahh well you see Lacey - a lot of the Brits like sitting outside pubs on the seafront all day and watching football on telly (yuk) and the locals like places that sell coffee and have football on telly.

But wherever I live I seek out the 'isolated lovely spots' to walk my dog. Don't really want to be bothered with too many other people moaning about the weather and the price of a loaf of bread!
"People moaning about the weather and the price of a loaf of bread" sounds like Dogsey!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >