View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
stafford
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Well if i am honest i got back from school and cried at what you all have put!
I forgot to mention i did attend some thing called condition management programme (cmp) it was only for around 6 weeks.
I just need to focus on some thing... I am seriously now considering getting a dog as it would be some thing for me to focus on but i have to look at all aspects first. (Angied)
I read many books, usually before i go to sleep.
I do love gardening but I agree (Lynn) it's a little on the cold side at the moment. (i have a 40ft X 40ft back garden)
Exercise is great if i have company, also hence me thinking about a dog. (Muttzrule)
I think it's helped me a little by getting it all off my chest as when i got back from school i was thinking very deeply (i don't do it often so i will be careful lol) I think talking to all of you even if you say you don't have advice (Claire and Daisy) it has helped as i know feel as though i have had a weight lifted of my shoulders... If that makes any sence?
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Sometimes just writing it down, helps

I know how you're feeling, I'm on AD'S been on them 2 years now, always suffered with depression from a young age......

I find walking helps when I have a low mood, I do like cleaning too....But most of the time I just can't find the energy.

Thinking of you x
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 02:44 PM
I have some low days and find that exercise is the best thing to lift my mood. Do you listen to music at all? that does the trick for me too sometimes! turn it up loud and sing your wee heart out (bursting into tears is allowed at emotional songs!). Im a big believer in better out than in and a good cry works wonders. On the self care front i recommend 'bath'e'oke' - hot bath loads of bubbles, good treatment conditioner slurped over your barnet, bottle of wine, little stereo dragged in and your fave cd on, face pack and OK mag (optional - i know its trash but a little bit of trash cant do you any harm) and belt out a few tunes! After a few glasses I could give mariah carey a run for her money! this is my 'treat' to me and id rather do that than go out for the night sometimes after a hard week. Out of the bath and depending how far down the bottle i have got i sometimes slap on a bit of fake tan for good measure then settle down to watch Greys anatomy for a hot doc fest!

i did a 5 hour cleaning fest the other sunday which was good for the soul too, i even swept the carpets with a yard brush! my friend said it was 'cleansing'

i think a sense of 'achievement' is beneficial for being down. just little things that dont require money or new outfits/hair! maybe make a list of 'things that need doing but i never get round to them and can be done between dropping off and picking up my angel' Drop said angel off then say 'today I am going to do this (pick item from list)' it could be cleaning out your kitchen cupboards, sorting out clothes, sowing buttons on/mending things ANYTHING that can be done in the alloted time.

ill shut up now!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 06:04 PM
But most importantly - keep talking about it. To us, to friends, to family. It really does help.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by stafford View Post
I do feel normal just abit low, if that makes any sence...
I have been for counselling but i felt very patronised when the guy i was talking to about having a miscarrage again he said " i compleatly understand ", he may have had a partner lose a baby but how on earth can he understand how it felt to me?
I'm slightly thinking about trying counselling again, so i haven't rulled it out.
Just to put your mind at ease my it is daughter that makes me feel happy and smile.
She is compleatly unaware of how i feel, i could never let her to see me in a low mood. (heaven forbid!)
Maybe i need to find something to focus on and... I get stuck after the and.
I have considered getting another dog but thats not so simple either or to be entered in to lightly!
HI Stafford,
So sorry to hear how down you are,.
JUst a thought but if you have any spare time, how about dog walking for a rescue or for older person who cant get out etc - sometimes just gettign out and about helps to lift your spirits and it makes you go out too, especially if its arranged.

Maybe something to consider - they dont have Pets as Therapy dogs for nothing - definetly get lots of happiness from animals IMO.

good luck
dani
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2010, 07:51 PM
i have to admit id be alot worse if it wasnt for my dogs! my oh works away and they keep me company while kids are at school but like the others i spend most of my day walking them (got 4 of them!) which helps i have been known to walk the dogs and cry at the same time but mostly early in the mornings so no-body sees me but does make me feel better once ive got the crying out of my system
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2