Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2006, 10:43 AM

My eventful park walk!

Went to the park yesterday, and it was jam packed with amusing, and not so amusing events!

Firstly Bodhi was being an exceptionally good girl, and were practising stays, sits, downs and comes with an almost expert flair Well... Pretty well anyway - she'll do anything for her toys!! So that left me on a high, and we carried on..

Then she was almost attacked by another dog. Well, she WAS attacked by another dog. It literally came around the corner, stalked right up to her and began to go for her biting and snapping. (Sorry - owners, not dogs and so on - but the horrid little thing!!). I didn't know what to do.. Poor Bodhi was just yelping and trying to get away from this vicious dog, and I honestly would have kicked it off her if it hadn't stopped (I don't mean boot it in the head, I mean get it off her - I wasn't gonna stick my hand in there). I was almost in tears, and the guy who owned it was just smiling and saying the TYPICAL "oooh, he's not normally like that.." I just told him if it was gonna bite other dogs it needs to be on the lead (I didn't believe him for a second). He just walked off going "come on dafty!" and grinning like the idiot he obviously is.

Anyway. We carried on and much to my amusement, I interupted a pair of young lovers snogging in a bush. Two young lads I don't think they expected anyone to come past and as soon as they heard me stopped and started walking off rather quickly, acting like nothing had happened. It made me smile sooooo much. Nothing like being disturbed!! They are pretty brave too. It's a good job I saw them and not someone else less forgiving. People round here aren't all so open-minded as me, and might have done something not so nice...!

So - up and down, but all in all, ended with a smile
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2006, 10:55 AM
I hate that when people dont realise the seriousness of a naughty dog, it will never learn....

Hope Bodhi is ok after her encounter.

And awwwww bless, young love!
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2006, 10:59 AM
I know. Funnily enough some old woman in the park always goes on about the "Kerry Blue's" and we just thought she was crackers as there have been a few, and all be dead nice. I THINK this was a Kerry Blue.. It was a bit scruffy (the others all look a bit tidier).. So maybe this dog has a reputation.. Stupid, stupid man. One day it will do some damage and get pts, and his stupid "he's not normally like that" attitude will be gone, and he will be gutted.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Ah, maybe it's the same one. Just keep an eye out for the same dog again and get Bodhi on her lead as soon as you see them. If he is going to be irresponsible, then best show him what a good owner would do, maybe it will make him think. xx
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2006, 11:15 AM
I know.. The thing is I had hold of Bodhi.. She can be shy of dogs (she either ignores them totally or LOVES them and goes bonkers), so as soon as it went for her she came straight to me. I wish I had said more to him, but I was too upset and shaken up.

Nothing I can do about it now, so I am not gonna worry about it unless I see him again. Then I will have words..
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2006, 11:37 AM
awww, poor bohdi, give her a big (((hug))) from me and shadow.

Stupid bloody man, he should know not to have his dog off lead if its nasty. I hate stupid, idiotic dog owners like that.