View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2013, 08:09 AM
One of my dogs had his front leg amputated because he had bone cancer. He was aged 10 but very fit and active as, until he went lame, he took part in competitive agility. He was a big dog but managed very well on three legs. My vet was hoping that he would have at least another 18 months of active life following his chemo but he sadly developed more tumours in his back leg and pelvis and had to be pts.
Dogsbody1
New Member!
Female 

07-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Hi Maureen, I can only tell you that my Poppy had a foot "cut off" when she was a pup. She was rescued from these people, now she is 13 and although on meds for her arthritis and cannot go for long walks anymore quality of life is excellent. Dogs could teach us an awful lot. By the way the only dog she really hates in our village has only 3 legs!!
All the best
Pam
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Dogsbody1 View Post
Hi Maureen, I can only tell you that my Poppy had a foot "cut off" when she was a pup. She was rescued from these people, now she is 13 and although on meds for her arthritis and cannot go for long walks anymore quality of life is excellent. Dogs could teach us an awful lot. By the way the only dog she really hates in our village has only 3 legs!!
All the best
Pam
Aw Pam that is so funny really!

Pals of mine who run the Auction Rooms here have a dog who had one of her front paws amputated. The wife was at her Yoga class one evening (doors open as it's so hot here) when in walked this young dog with one front paw terribly injured and made a beeline for her. She took it to a vet - it's been her dog for years now, goes to work with her every day and is a popular character in their village.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2