View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-11-2013, 09:22 AM
I am so glad that little Flash is just about back to normal now having had a blood-free poo and hope that when he is back on full rations he will be fully back to normal.

I too, hope I will not be "thread-making" in this Health section again for a long time, but the support everyone gives is, I find, very comforting even if nobody can actually do anything.

xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Great news - long may it continue!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2013, 01:03 PM
It occurs to me that it was a very good thing you did get that 'one night's sleep' in Jenny! What with not being able to sleep waiting to hear how many babies Mabs produced last night!

Hope Flash is returning to his old self rapidly. Looks as if you getting onto it so quickly did the trick. Early treatment seems to be very important with this condition.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Jenny I am so relieved Flash is better
As you know I have a fear of HGE because Minis seem to have a susceptibility to it , it is a horrible condition when it take hold.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Meg I now feel slightly more confident (if that's the right word) if he gets it again. Firstly, oral antibiotics asap and not injection as the abs need to get to the gut quickly rather than the blood stream and an anti-sickness injection. Antepsin to help settle and line the stomach. I keep Canikur, dog prescribed codeine and Antepsin here and as a rule of thumb - if there is blood in the poo do not give codeine unless they are straining badly and have a very sore tummy. No Canikur either if there is blood as its important to let the blood out. Obviously lots of water.

Malka - I totally agree with you that the support on here from 'friends' means so much and you feel far less alone and more able to cope

Pat - Yes I think you are right about the immediate treatment and he's recovered far quickly this time than in August. My lovely vet literally whisked him in when I arrived without an appointment and he's said to never hesitate doing that again. I did wonder how he was going to diagnose it on my hearsay, but he popped the tip of his finger up his bottom (the dog's not his own ) and Flash immediately passed lots of bright red blood.
................. I hope you aren't eating your evening meal while reading this.

Thanks everyone
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
but he popped the tip of his finger up his bottom (the dog's not his own ) and Flash immediately passed lots of bright red blood................
Hi Jenny, OMG I'm just trying to imagine anyone doing that to Baruska (When she was alive) she hated anyone doing anything around her bum, even grooming was a no no
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5