Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 05:24 PM

They do it on purpose you know!

In among the unadulterated carp that passes for TV in this bit of the world I discovered Later With Jools Holland on Cable. I'd tried to encourage Bella out for her evening pee before it started. No luck.

She waits until the exact moment Robert Plant and Alison Krauss come on to sing to rush to the door and do her impersonation of a dog that is going to pee on the floor if she doesn't go out RIGHT NOW! Grrrrr!

Ooooh they've just come on again - goodo!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Lol Tang, I hope you get to watch it in peace this time.
I do agree though they always wait until you sit down to something important to want to go out
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Yay and now they've come on AGAIN! The miniature menace is 'partly forgiven'!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Huge sympathies...........Jimmi is exactly the same!! Start of the Grand Prix; Corrie; beginning of the oh so limited Cross Country coverage at Badminton etc. etc., there he is demanding to be let out NOW.

I wouldn't mind, but the rest of the time he is usually fast asleep.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Huge sympathies...........Jimmi is exactly the same!! Start of the Grand Prix; Corrie; beginning of the oh so limited Cross Country coverage at Badminton etc. etc., there he is demanding to be let out NOW.

I wouldn't mind, but the rest of the time he is usually fast asleep.
Exactly Bitkin! You've seen me post often enough that I don't even know where she is right now, and how she boogers off into another room for hours on end or goes outside without me. And I OFTEN have to disturb her to go for the late pee. Oh no - not tonight and it wasn't even as late as we usually go. I tell you they JUST KNOW and they do it on purpose!

*insanely here imagining the dog thinking 'she looks pretty pleased about summat - oh hang on she is staring at that TV so it's nothing to do with me me me. We will soon do something about that - I will have her attention switched to me in a nanosecond'

And there is a 'higher power' coz my cable reception has just gone wonky - no sound and stuttering piccie - I don't care now - Jools finished about 10 mins ago!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Grrrrrrrr Tonks used to wait until I'd just put the girls in the bath! I'd try making her go out before but she wouldn't have it! Once they were in the bath I just used to have to ignore her barking and clean up the wee from the kitchen floor later! There was no way I would be leaving them in the bath alone and no way I would be able to get them both wrapped in towels and downstairs in time.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Grrrrrrrr Tonks used to wait until I'd just put the girls in the bath! I'd try making her go out before but she wouldn't have it! Once they were in the bath I just used to have to ignore her barking and clean up the wee from the kitchen floor later! There was no way I would be leaving them in the bath alone and no way I would be able to get them both wrapped in towels and downstairs in time.

Of course it could have been all that sound of splashing water but we ALL know it is because they really don't like it when all your attention is focussed on something other than them don't we!

When my sis used to visit me with all her kids (3 under 5) in Cornwall where I had a huge old cast iron bath - she'd put the two eldest in the bath and chuck my Cavvy in with them lol!

Dog loved it, swimming up and down like a seal and the kids went into shrieking with excitement overdrive! (Yes my youngest sis is at least as nutty as I am!)
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

Of course it could have been all that sound of splashing water but we ALL know it is because they really don't like it when all your attention is focussed on something other than them don't we!

When my sis used to visit me with all her kids (3 under 5) in Cornwall where I had a huge old cast iron bath - she'd put the two eldest in the bath and chuck my Cavvy in with them lol!

Dog loved it, swimming up and down like a seal and the kids went into shrieking with excitement overdrive! (Yes my youngest sis is at least as nutty as I am!)
OMG! Can just imagine the carnage if Tonks was in the bath with them!
BentleyBoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Hehe Bentley does stuff like that too... in the corrie break I got his lead ready to take him out to pee, he looked at me and stretched out futher on the sofa lol!! Then soon as it started again he was by the door. Made him wait though
Jo_McLoughlin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

Lol I love this; absolute madness!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >