Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 12:28 PM

Replacing a lost dog passport?

Has anyone had to do this? I've wrecked my apartment and my car looking for it. Hoping against hope it wasn't in the pocket of a handbag I chucked to the charity shops.

I've got the number of it and also her microchip number details.

Just hoping that, if I have to replace it, it won't cost the same stupid amount that it does to replace a lost human passport!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Have you got a photocopy of it?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 04:50 PM
No Smokey! Haven't had it all that long - she only became eligible to travel on it last October (under the old rules) just that I used to keep it tucked in with her health card - can't find any of it.

I will continue my search after the weekend. I've got a sort of 'mental blank' about where it might be if you know what I mean? Like sometimes you are looking for something and you are thinking 'oh I know!' Well that isn't happening and I am looking in ludicrous places (but have so far found a total of €30 tucked away in bags and pockets - all help towards the cost of replacement at this rate!)

I don't need it until July. My boarding kennels knows me well so would not refuse Bella because I didn't have her health card.

*in the back of my mind I am kicking myself for being such a lazy bint I often pay someone else to clean the apartment while I am out or away (justifying my laziness with the fact that I earn more per hour than I pay and I am a carp cleaner! so better off working to pay a good one!)

I sometimes had it just tucked into the side on a shelf or in the drinks cupboard it was sort of wrapped in the dog eared scruffy sheets of paper from municipality dog registration - just hoping it hasn't fallen foul of some over zealous lovely cleaning girl thinking it was just MORE of my rubbish!

*off to brush up on the Romanian or Bulgarian for 'did you throw away any bits of paper? lol! Only kidding!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Your vet should be able to reissue it as they will hold all the required details such as chip, date of vax, date of lab titre test etc
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Oh yes Joe! Now why did that not occur to me? It was the VET and not some passport agency that issued it in the first place!

Well he will probably charge me for it. But thanks. DUH why didn't I think of that?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Oh yes Joe! Now why did that not occur to me? It was the VET and not some passport agency that issued it in the first place!

Well he will probably charge me for it. But thanks. DUH why didn't I think of that?

LOLOLOLOL it's called panic !! Pet Passports are free in the UK,not vax etc of course, but the actually passport as the vets don't pay for them they are issued blank by DEFRA
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Oh I cannot TELL YOU just how RELIEVED I am feeling now.

(And a wee bit stupid too!) You are right - it was panic - lost an official doc etc!

NOTHING relating to animals is free here mate - but at least it won't involve long periods of waiting or RIGMAROLE!

Phew! I will be taking a trip there on Monday. Doing the happy dance now. (Bet I find it as soon as I get the new one!)