Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2010, 11:15 PM

Joe Mcelderry's new single

Anyone heard it? I heard it for the first time this evening and I am fuming! I've been waiting for ages for him to bring out his first single (apart from the winning X Factor song), it's called "Ambition" and I am truly disappointed! Not in Joe but in Simon Cowell! Joe doesn't even sing in his own key, he sings really high and it's not a brilliant song IMO, and the video is out of something like a Bollywood film!

I absolutely love Joe's voice and I just think that Simon Cowell is ruining him! Olly Murs was able to sing in his own usual style and key and it wasn't a bad song either.

It will be interesting to see what anyone else thinks of it. I've already made my own opinion and I think Joe has drawn the short straw! Bring back the old Joe's way of singing.

I'm not a happy bunny over this and I just had to let off steam about it.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2010, 11:35 PM
This is it. See what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRJ2Hy3sLwo
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2010, 12:13 AM
I've found out some more information about the song.

It's called "Ambitions", it's a cover and was released in 2009by Norwegian pop troupe Donkeyboy.

Apparently Joe CHOSE THE SONG HIMSELF as he wanted to challenge himself. He's certainly done that.

You've got to hand it to him, to change his complete style of singing like that, well he has to be a genius.

I expect he'll have his normal singing voice on other songs when his album comes out so I'm not too worried now about this song. I've calmed down now.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-09-2010, 12:33 AM
The cynic in me would say that Simon is now back to promoting himself through the latest X-Factor money spinner.

Regardless of whatever 'deal' he has - Joe's had his 'leg up' and it's up to him to find his own identity as both a singer and an artist.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2010, 12:33 AM
This is the original by Donkey boy (it's not bad).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ek0...eature=related

I'm beginning to like it now I've heard it a few times.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2010, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
The cynic in me would say that Simon is now back to promoting himself through the latest X-Factor money spinner.

Joe's had his 'leg up' and it's up to him to find his own identity as both a singer and an artist.
Completely agree with you Phil.

The song grows on you the more times you hear it, I'm beginning to like it now The originals good as well.