29-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Congrats to Joe
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

30-12-2009, 06:19 AM
Originally Posted by Asti View Post
Congrats to Joe
If Joe is still around in 18 years (Or anything over 5 years, come to that!) then I'll congratulate him. At the moment, he's still very much a manufactured one-hit-wonder.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by rich c View Post
If Joe is still around in 18 years (Or anything over 5 years, come to that!) then I'll congratulate him. At the moment, he's still very much a manufactured one-hit-wonder.
good point

someone earlier was saying RATM will be forgotten.

which is odd, as thats usually the cast with nearly all X Factor finalists, yet RATM have been going 8 years, several singles, 3 albums, lots of festivals, etc.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
good point

which is odd, as thats usually the cast with nearly all X Factor finalists, yet RATM have been going 8 years, several singles, 3 albums, lots of festivals, etc.
........and I had never heard of them til all this blew up
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-12-2009, 09:54 AM
dont worry, there are many well known bands whose recognition isnt defined by the Top 40/Cowell/Celebrity mag definition.

there are probably many bands in that sense you havent heard of, its just a case of going out there and looking, instead of just relying on the daily diet

Having said that, i hadnt heard of Joe McElderderly until all this X Factor stuff blew up, so the logic is the same
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 10:42 AM
good point

i think you forgot a '1' before that 8
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Never really following the charts and helping in an alternative club for the last 8 years means I know there are lots and lots of huge bands out there - who do mammoth stadium tours and have a huge fan base - but will never reach number 1 and be known by the GP because the powers that be choose not to promote them on radio
I think if this revolt makes people realise that there are many more bands out there than the ones the radios spoon feed us then this has been fantastic

and as I have always known the number one is more often than not the singal that has had the most exposure that month - nothing to do with the best song, just the one the powers that be want to push
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
i think you forgot a '1' before that 8

very true, 18 years!!

thanx
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Hoo-hoo! I have enjoyed catching-up with this thread. Almost as much as I enjoyed the whole campaign, and RATM's magnificent win.

There's a time and a place for censoring swearing, but music (or any art) IS NOT IT! I reckon sensible parents will take this an opportunity to point out that language that is appropriate in one context is not appropriate in others. I grew up listening to RATM (and much worse from my father!), but I still know how not to swear in job interviews

Anyway, you can get as cross as you like about it, but the charts are "owned" by the people who buy the music. Whatever their reasons, more of them wanted to see Rage at the top than that Joe one. That's democracy!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 11:18 PM
dont worry, there are many well known bands whose recognition isnt defined by the Top 40/Cowell/Celebrity mag definition.

there are probably many bands in that sense you havent heard of, its just a case of going out there and looking, instead of just relying on the daily diet

Having said that, i hadnt heard of Joe McElderderly until all this X Factor stuff blew up, so the logic is the same
Yes - Nathan Mahl, Martin Orford, Bela Fleck ...
Page 10 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10