Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 05:01 PM

For Moobli - My Old Tara GSD & Puppy gsd

It was quite sad sifting through these old photo's Looking at myself in my younger years didn't help either! Lol!

Here's Tara at about 6yrs. old when I first brought Sacha home as a puppy, as you can see she adored her instantly, she had the biggest heart my Tara

Here she is at about 4 yrs. old I suppose (you might like this car too Moobli!)

And here she is at the grand old age of 16!!!!! Still going strong although we lost her that Christmas on Boxing Day.....

The other dog is Sacha who has now sadly gone too, she was my "iffy" dog and was the only shorthaired I owned, that's probably why I like the longcoats! I think they're better natured, just my opinion though!

Thanks for looking at my old gals!
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 05:06 PM
they are very lovely photo's. Sad and happy memories i suppose. But they look like they had lots of fun over the years.

thanks for sharing.

ps i like the car too
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Lovely photos nice to look at aren't they but I always shed a few tears when looking back at old photos of Max.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Great pics... bonnie dogs they were too
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Gorgeous pictures Thanks for sharing x
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Tara was GORGEOUS (and Sacha too)
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 07:51 PM
They were both beautiful Helen
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Lovely photos Helena, Tara was a lovely girl, some fond memories for you there
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Awww Tara was stunning - thanks for sharing Helen. Sorry it got you all nostalgic. You must have some very good memories.

Yes, I like the car too
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Thanks everybody, she was a very special dog that one!

We used to take her down the beach in the evenings for a swim and she'd race down the pebbles disturbing all the sleeping sunbathers, and then they'd all sit there watching her as we threw stones in the sea and she'd actually dive underwater to retrieve them! She certainly entertained us too with her antics. She was an obedience dog and had won a cabinet full of trophies when I got her at about 12 months old. She had attacked one of the collie's who had a litter of pups at her home, only because she didn't like what it was doing to one of the pups! She thought she ought to tell it off! The owner decided because I loved her so much she would give her to me otherwise she would have had her put down!!! Then she changed her mind 6 months later and wanted her back, but when she came round to collect her, she could see that Tara loved me more than her by that time, so she let her stay, awwwwwwww, she was one of a kind that dog. Never mind, I've got two of a kind now haven't I!!!!

Thanks for all your lovely comments on this adorable dog,who is always in my heart forever.

p.s. Something else she did which made me crack up one day. We bought a paddling pool for the puppy (Sacha), and Tara didn't want to know, even though she liked water, so she just laid there watching Sacha leaping in and out of the paddling pool. Next minute, she got up, wandered over there, put her head under the water and pulled the bung out, then walked away!!!!! Lol! How clever was that dog!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >