Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2004, 11:31 AM
ok just curiuos LOL
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Laura, please dont worry about talking about your veiws on this post as my question has been answered and I have been very interested in what people have had to say
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2004, 02:23 PM
Aww thanks Dreamon I reckon I have said enough I get embarassed just looking at the length of my posts lol. I get frustrated sometimes lol.
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Same here Laura i am also sick of the way people tout on about me owning a non KC registered dog, havent had that reaction on here though.
I have a non KC registered dog who is more than worthy of being bred from, who has been used at stud several times over.
When are some people going to realise that i do own a pedigree dog, he just happens to be a breed that is not kc recognised, which is not such a bad thing in my eyes, as the kc cannot set the standard to ruin his breed, which has happened with so many others
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by WhizGirl
Same here Laura i am also sick of the way people tout on about me owning a non KC registered dog, havent had that reaction on here though.
I have a non KC registered dog who is more than worthy of being bred from, who has been used at stud several times over.
When are some people going to realise that i do own a pedigree dog, he just happens to be a breed that is not kc recognised, which is not such a bad thing in my eyes, as the kc cannot set the standard to ruin his breed, which has happened with so many others
He he my thoughts WG in about half the space lol.
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Dont your breeds have health tests?

I know for cocker's that they can only have eye tests and hip scores done if they are KC registered, and after knowing of so many non KC cocker's suffering from eye problems and hip displasia I would now only buy a KC reg. dog.

And before you shoot me down, I am not attacking non KC reg. dogs, I have one myself, my lovely Blue isn't registered but it's only since having him that I have looked further into the health history of cockers and spoken to many other cocker owners about the down sides of not buying from a breeder that does all the relevent tests and so when I wanted a second cocker I went to a breeder that ticked all the boxes.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Dreamon
Dont your breeds have health tests?

I know for cocker's that they can only have eye tests and hip scores done if they are KC registered, and after knowing of so many non KC cocker's suffering from eye problems and hip displasia I would now only buy a KC reg. dog.

And before you shoot me down, I am not attacking non KC reg. dogs, I have one myself, my lovely Blue isn't registered but it's only since having him that I have looked further into the health history of cockers and spoken to many other cocker owners about the down sides of not buying from a breeder that does all the relevent tests and so when I wanted a second cocker I went to a breeder that ticked all the boxes.
Isnt it the case that ANY BREED CAN have the testing done but its not recorded in KC facts and figures? I dont think health testing is specific to KC breeds, I know AmBulls for instance are not KC but can have hip scoring done, I know lots of non-KC breeds that can have various health tests done.....I cant imagine a vet ever turning a dog away for say hip scoring because its not KC regstered....

As for my dogs they have had all the health checks I feel necessary for their breed and all I am pleased to say are 100% just their results will never be included in any KC figures....
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2004, 02:54 PM
I meant to add that any responsible breeder will have necessary health checks done, regardless of breed or whether they are registered dogs........I think there will be as many bad KC breeders who have dogs with bad hips and eyes as there will be non.
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Yes I would agree with you there Laura, and I will openly admit to not knowing an awful lot about these thing's, which is why I asked the question and why I have been so interested in what has been said, for me when I got Bailey I was happy that the tests were made available to me from both mum and dad and they were both good so I was happy to bring Bailey home knowing I had done all that I could to ensure we had a healthy pup, I wasn't aware that the tests were available to dog's that wern't KC reg. you learn something every day Are you also supplied with the certificates to show possible new puppy owners of the tests you have had done, in the same way as a KC dog?
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Our Boy was hip scored and eye tested, and we were more than happy with the results
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >