View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Hope poor Georgie is back to his old self (or young self in his case ) now Helen poor lad
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Helena It strange to find a dog on Burns that is too fat , people usually say they are too thin ...have you tried Kelties they are much nicer than bonio and don't have wheat in them
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Helena It strange to find a dog on Burns that is too fat , people usually say they are too thin ...have you tried Kelties they are much nicer than bonio and don't have wheat in them
Now I heard you have to feed less of the Burns than the other dried kibble, so I actually gave them less too! He only has 2 bonios a day, but this take him longer to eat than a Crackerjack (which are probably the same as the Kelties they don't like those much!) as they are hypoallergenic treats from James Wellbeloved. He really honestly doesn't have a lot of food with me, I have fed my other dogs in the past far more than these two get, and Cassie is spot on veering to thin sometimes because she is so hyper. He's not impressed with this new portion control idea going on in my house at the moment either, I can tell you! I caught o/h sneaking them a Rich Tea biscuit last night when he made his tea too! He got a telling off!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by rich c
Vets eh? They're as bad as Doctors with the blaming weight for everything! I took Jake in to the vets the other day for a blood test, because when he had his lump removed, there was a query over the results of the blood he had taken then. (Kidney function.) Anyway, they weighed him and he was 38kg, ideally 34-35 apparently. He looks fine to me! His tum/waist goes in nicely although his front end does have a fair bit you can grab hold of. Any thoughts on shape as opposed to weight?
Yes Rich, Georgie is quite "tucked up" at the rear end when you hold all the thick fur back, but his front end is the big part, but then I keep saying he's a dog, and dogs are much bigger than bitches in the g.s.d. variety anyway. I am only going to get him down to what he weighed when I first got him, around 40 Kgs. as when you think about it, an extra 7Kgs. is 1 Stone isn't it! Lol! I can actually feel his ribs too, very slightly though!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Hope poor Georgie is back to his old self (or young self in his case ) now Helen poor lad
Thanks Foxy, he is ok on the rear end dept. now since he's been on fish and rice, and with a bit of luck he should have lost some weight on it too as fish doesn't contain much goodness does it! Poor boy, I feel a bit guilty actually, especially as I have taught him to run properly so he shouldn't really have put any weight on with all the additional exercise he gets here, and I can't bring myself to starve the poor dog, it's just not in me. It will have to take time I'm afraid, and hopefully I won't be visiting that nasty vet man for another few months anyway!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
I started yesterday with my 3 a day and he only has fish and rice at present due to his upset the other day, and he's looking at me with those pleading eyes! Do you think raw carrots may be the cause as they have a lot of sugar in them? Anyway, I will try and resist his pleas. Well done you though with Woody as labs put it on so easily don't they.I'm going to take him back in a month and see what the good or bad news is on the scales at the vets
I take it all back. He nabbed a raw chicken and scoffed half of it last night! Oh and half a turnip and two carrots! Had a belly on him like a Weeble!!

And he certainly wobbled I can tell you!
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5