Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

06-03-2009, 03:12 PM

My day at Crufts - pictures added at post 18

Well for the first time in many years I went without a dog as I was ill over the festive period and beyond and missed the entry dates.

Must say I recommend it highly . Got time to meet up with friends old and new and to shop at the stalls and visit Discover Dogs etc.

First of all I met up with Angie who bred my boys and she said later in the day that although we meet up every year, this time we really got a chance to really catch up.

Then I met up with Jackbox and she was just as I expected her to be, apart from the hair colour which for some reason I thought would be dark We had a goo dold blether which I know I enjoyed, and I hope she did too. It is so nice to be able to put a face to a name. I introduced her to Angie and the two borzois she was showing this year A brother and Sister to whom My Rye is the Uncle. The male got a second and a third and the female got a First and a second, which was really nice for Angie and for them.

I also visited Dawn on Discover Dogs and met the hansdome Orey and another two very friendly and outgoing Border Terriers. I have alway liked Border Terriers, but now having met these three of Border Dawn's I am really in love. Three real characters. It was lovely to meet Dawn at long last missed her last year - and I should like to thank her again for her kindness (she will know what I mean). We speak so often on Dogsey and she was just as I imagined easy to talk to very knowledgable on the world of dogs.

Had a really great day and sincerely hope to meet up with Jackbox and Border Dawn in the future and treat Dawn to a Coffee and a Cream cake to say thanks for everything.

Do hope to be able to meet up with Jackbox and Dawm agsin and this time have the boys with me so they can both meet them.

Hope everyone that I missed had a great day too and perhaps next time and for those who were showing hope you all did well.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 03:19 PM
So glad you had such a nice day, sounds like it wasn't too disappointing not being entered this year - at least you were completely free to wonder around as much and as long as you liked
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Well for the first time in many years I went without a dog as I was ill over the festive period and beyond and missed the entry dates.

Must say I recommend it highly . Got time to meet up with friends old and new and to shop at the stalls and visit Discomer Dogs etc.

First of all I met up with Angie who bred my boys and she said later in the day that although we meet up every year, this time we really got a chance of catch up.

Then I met up with Jackbox and she was just as I expected her to be, apart from the hair colour which for some reason I thought wshe would be dark haired. We had a goo old blether which I know I enjoyed, and I hope she did too, I introduced her to Angie and the two borzois she was showing this year A brother and Sister to whom My Rye is the Uncle. The make got a second and a third and the femal got a First and a second, which was really nice for Angie and for them. It is so nice be able to put a face to a name.

I also visited Dawn on Discover Dogs and met the hansdome Orey and another two very friendly and outgoing Border Terriers. I have alway liked Border Terriers, but now having met these three of Border Dawn's I am really in love. Three real characters. It was lovely to meet Dawn at long last missed her last year - and I should like to thank her again for her kindness (she will know what I mean). We speak so often on Dogsey and she was just as I imagined easy to talk to very knowledgable on the world of dogs.

Had a really great day and sincerely hope to meet up with Jackbox and Border Dawn in the future and treat Dawn to a Coffee and a Cream cakle to say thanks for everything.

Hope everyone that I missed had a great day too and perhaps next time and for those who were showing hope you all did well.
LOL Eunice... at my hair...shush dont tell anyone its not my real colour............

But back to the point... it was lovely to finally meet you, we speak so often , and its finally nice to put a face to a name...

We had a good old chat, did`nt we, put the world to rights

The borzois where fabulous, only shame is , I never got to see yours... (maybe one day).

I missed Dawn.. was running a little late , had to get back, but will look her up tomorrow,

Glad Angie had a good day, and what a funny old small world it is too... (the Chinese Crested)

Did you have ag good trip home, hope it went well.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

06-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks Fiona

Thanks Jackie was really nice to meet you too . We certainly did put the world to right.

Angie's borzois are impressive and hope it won't be too long till yopu meet Rye and Pellow too. Small world yep it is CC's LOL

As I told you we were to be back at our bus for 4.00pm but asmjudging was running late in some breeds bus did not get away till 6.40pm so it was after 1am befor it got to it's destinatiion where Rober my Hubby picked us up so well after 2.15 am when I got home and by the time I had wound down did not get to bed till 3am. Shattered today but it was well worth it . I got to cuddle a lovely little Min Wire-haired Dachie who belongs to a young friend of mine and was travelling along with lots of other doggies on our bus. She is 11 months old and very affectionate, cuddly and kissy.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 03:51 PM
glad you had a great time, I would love to meet JB and Dawn, I did see dawn briefly a few years ago, but she was so busy at DD,

Im kinda wishing I had went with you now...
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Sounds like you had a great day out. I really wish I was going this year
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Glad you had such a lovely day, it was great and not too busy.
I had a look for you but didn't see you - probably away shopping or gossiping
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Eunice.

I'll get there one day............
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

06-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
glad you had a great time, I would love to meet JB and Dawn, I did see dawn briefly a few years ago, but she was so busy at DD,

Im kinda wishing I had went with you now...
thanks Shona - would have been even nicer if you had come.

Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Sounds like you had a great day out. I really wish I was going this year
Thanks Carole , perhaps next year

Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Glad you had such a lovely day, it was great and not too busy.
I had a look for you but didn't see you - probably away shopping or gossiping
Sorry we missed each other once again, maybe better luck next time.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Didn't realise you were going , we could have said Hello . I was watching the whippets all day .
But I did do discover dogs and shopping too of course
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >