Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jovi_Lady
New Member!
Female 

01-06-2008, 11:32 AM

Moulting?

Hi, i am a newish owner of a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, was just wondering he is moulting, do they have certain times of the year they moult and how long does it normally last.

Its driving me mad, i have heard the hoover is good but thats a no no he is petrified of the hoover and wont stay in the house when the hoover is out.

I have also looked into the FURminator but am undecided about that yet.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2008, 12:39 PM
cavaliers shed their coats the same as all breeds and this time of year its the big one........i know the feeling i have 5 cavaliers and am hoovering the floors 4 times a day

you can get most out by daily brushing apart from that its a case of hoover hoover hoover till its all gone

PS i would never hoover a dog
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Our collie shadow is moulting at the moment, very common as their getting rid of their winter undercoats.
We brush him daily outside, and also bathe him to help with his shedding. We have laminate flooring so it's easy to clean up. We have carpets too, which are hoovered twice a day, also find rubbing a damp cloth over the carpet gets rid of the worst of the hairs.
I wouldn't dream of using the hoover on him or FURminator, as I view it as a natural process
workinggsd
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Just keep brushing him,and also use a zoom groom to remove the silky coat too, giving him a good bath and using the zoom groom in the bath will help to shift the coat as well
sallyinlancs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2008, 03:03 PM
What's a zoom groom?
workinggsd
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-06-2008, 03:06 PM
It's a rubber grooming pad,but the cones are longer than the normal rubber pads, think they are done by company of animals, the purple s the best one for Cavi coats