Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 10:15 PM

Cats And More Cats

Hi just had my daughter in law on the phone,normally I would pass her to my OH, she is definately not a dog person,but everything in her life centers round hers cats Birman,so because things have been a bit strained re my step granddaugter leavng home over a puppy (they secretly blame me),I thought I'll take an interest in her furry critters.

The thing is she went to a seminar for 3 whole days talking about Cats,and they have made a decision about their diet,like some people on here talk about Raw,they reckon that if they cut down there food,they will go out and hunt,what struck me all her cats are indoor,(do you know how many cat litter trays she has 12,but some of the cats have a special place the bathroom,one in the shower but the curtain has to drawn or it will go elsewhere am I being CATTY)
What has brought this about,these experts,boffins have turned around drum roll please.........that dry food is very bad for cats,and the majority of cats get kidney failure,even if as the packet says plenty of water,and these ernest cat people mainly women,have decided that all the cats will have to be starved so that they go out to hunt for fresh meat, I said nothing what could I say,I had this mental picture of all these cats in the uk forming a vigilanti with weapons drawn,killing all wild life in their path not leaving a stone unturned.Just Unreal not even garden ponds will be safe in the end I just told her I had to go,because I could feel the giggles about to appear,so watch out a gang of cats could even now be forming ranks in your neighbourhood,lock up all your birds anything alive,they will soon be here crystalgirl
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi just had my daughter in law on the phone,normally I would pass her to my OH, she is definately not a dog person,but everything in her life centers round hers cats Birman,so because things have been a bit strained re my step granddaugter leavng home over a puppy (they secretly blame me),I thought I'll take an interest in her furry critters.

The thing is she went to a seminar for 3 whole days talking about Cats,and they have made a decision about their diet,like some people on here talk about Raw,they reckon that if they cut down there food,they will go out and hunt,what struck me all her cats are indoor,(do you know how many cat litter trays she has 12,but some of the cats have a special place the bathroom,one in the shower but the curtain has to drawn or it will go elsewhere am I being CATTY)
What has brought this about,these experts,boffins have turned around drum roll please.........that dry food is very bad for cats,and the majority of cats get kidney failure,even if as the packet says plenty of water,and these ernest cat people mainly women,have decided that all the cats will have to be starved so that they go out to hunt for fresh meat, I said nothing what could I say,I had this mental picture of all these cats in the uk forming a vigilanti with weapons drawn,killing all wild life in their path not leaving a stone unturned.Just Unreal not even garden ponds will be safe in the end I just told her I had to go,because I could feel the giggles about to appear,so watch out a gang of cats could even now be forming ranks in your neighbourhood,lock up all your birds anything alive,they will soon be here crystalgirl
How many cats have they got? Somehow I can't see pedigree cat lovers turning their cats out to fend for themselves.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
How many cats have they got? Somehow I can't see pedigree cat lovers turning their cats out to fend for themselves.
Hi She has about 19,but what the grand plan is they will lock the cat flap for certain times a day,feed them less,but of course it will never happen,it was just amusing to me,like she had discovered the Holy Grail,and the pictures running in my head of Cats armed to the teeth flooding neighbourhoods,when you think people want to feed their dogs raw food,they dont think oh the best way is to let them out.Cat people seem a world apart sometimes,if I go around there this huge male cat plonks itself on my lap,and starts scratching me on one spot purring,she says its happy footing,it may be happy but my clothes or tights are not.crystalgirl
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 07:07 AM
I've just read this crystalgirl, and giggled to myself thinking of my Diesel and trying to imagine her going off to hunt for food...she'd give me this look as if to to say "as if", she was a proper spoiled kitty
The most she would have hunted is my cheese sandwich lol
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
I've just read this crystalgirl, and giggled to myself thinking of my Diesel and trying to imagine her going off to hunt for food...she'd give me this look as if to to say "as if", she was a proper spoiled kitty
Hi I know,but its very hard to keep a straight face and not to giggle over the phone,at one point,she asked if I had hiccups,which made me crack up even more,its lucky she let me go I could have had an accident, but got to the loo just in time howling with laughter,I heard my OH pass the door muttering all women are mad,and that started me off again.But you never know all the cats may be joining including diesel,it will be like an army taking over the neighbourhood crystalgirl
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-04-2013, 08:15 AM

Are you serious or is this yet another one of your "jokes"?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Hi She has about 19,but what the grand plan is they will lock the cat flap for certain times a day,feed them less,but of course it will never happen,it was just amusing to me,like she had discovered the Holy Grail,and the pictures running in my head of Cats armed to the teeth flooding neighbourhoods,when you think people want to feed their dogs raw food,they dont think oh the best way is to let them out.Cat people seem a world apart sometimes,if I go around there this huge male cat plonks itself on my lap,and starts scratching me on one spot purring,she says its happy footing,it may be happy but my clothes or tights are not.crystalgirl
I take it she breeds/shows her cats? Interesting she only has 12 litter trays for 19 cats. The recommended rule is one to each cat & one extra. Perhaps they go outside as well ?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
We have six housecats with access to their outside cat run & they would have no problem hunting. Anything that scuttles, flies, crawls or scampers is fair game to them. A bird got into their run once, never found out how, poor thing didnt get out . Wee furry rodent lodgers are a thing of the past thank heavens. Cats are very useful creatures x
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Hi I do like cats,they are natural hunters,a lot of the farms around us have colonies of cats,and they dont seem to go hungry,but my daughter in law,gets all fired up about her cats,and very very ernest,yesterday she had just come back from the seminar lunch time,she had been on the phone non stop and we recvd the call about 11pm,she has a cathouse,which is a joke amongst the family,and her queens as she calls them resides in there,crystalgirl
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 12:18 PM
We got a kitten (he was are 3rd cat @the time.) We planned for him to live out doors & keep the mice down.

Needless to say he had other ideas. There he would be curled up in front of the fire & would only eat the best of cat food.

Needless to say he was never made to go out.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >