Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2011, 02:12 AM

DOGSEY VIBES REALLY REALLY NEEDED-PLEASE READ -sorry long post

O.H began to complain of pains in his chest and down both arms about 11.30 on Sunday night
Told me he would be okay if he could just lie down and sleep
Hot ,sweating ,being sick and then became very scared

I rang for an ambulance-I was in bed so had to get dressed,and get Buster and the cats out of the way
The paramedics did what they do and said he had a blockage in an artery and they were taking him to A.and E

I rang the kids and then realised I hadnt asked which hospital he was going to!!!!

Couldnt find the phone book to ring the 2 hospitals he could have been taken to-knew it was in the spare room -but there is no light in there

Then couldnt remember daughters phone no-rang the wrong one which turned out to be an old lady who rang me back the next day asking why I had rung her at 12 45 a.m

Found which hospital he was at and they said he had just been admitted
Rang the kids again
Rang the hospital to ask how he was
They said they would ring us back which they did
They asked me to go straight up there as he wasnt at all well-I was very shocked and in a daze-couldnt think what I needed to do before I left the house

Bombed up there in sons car-to find him being put in an ambulance to take him to another hospital
He had had a heart attack at the hospital and he had to have his heart "shocked" 4 times as it had stopped
They said he was very poorly

We followed to the other hospital-waited for about 2 hours,then he came out of theatre
They said they had cleared the blockage and he was going to be there for 24 hours and then if all was well,transferred to a ward-which is what happened

We left there about 5 a.m
and couldnt find our way out for about half an hour-up and down lifts,passing the same pictures on the wall over and over again
All the lights were off and only came on as you walked under them-it was funny at first ,but then like something out of the Twilight Zone
Finally met someone who showed us how to get out

Then son missed the turn off on the motorway and we had to go to the next one and turn back
I got in at 6.10 a.m
Our dog Buster who has dementia,was still a sleep in the bedroom so I fell into bed
He decided to get up early and was nudging me at 8 10.so I had to get up-felt like****

I am so angry with him-I knew this was going to happen
Our son is getting married next November and I told him and our daughterr that unless they helped me to get their dad to lose weight and eat less rubbish,their dad may not be here next Novemeber
He doesnt do any exercise at all,even drives to our daughters house each day to see to her dog and its only a 10 min walk away
He says his back hurts-he will lie on the couch for hours watching T.V or go on [a social network] for hours-this is why his back hurts
He eats the wrong things-Im trying to lose weight and have lost 11 lbs -thought he may join me -as I want to look okay for next November-but he shows little interest

They will give him advise on diet and exercise etc before he comes home but I dont know if he will take much notice

They are letting him come home tomorrow-and I think he may think to himself-well if they only kept me in that long it couldnt have been a big deal
Im feeling so tired I could cry

Tonight when we visited he was cracking jokes and telling us tales about the other patients in the ward and the food etc etc,as if everything was okay

Having been told that if I hadnt rung for the ambulance
and the heart attack had happened at home instead of the hospital he would have been dead before any ambulance could get there I was hoping this would be a wake up call for him
If it isnt I dont know how I will cope

Sorry for this long ramble
Just needed to share all this with you -perhaps some of you can relate to it and offer advice

Thanks for reading this
Please send me some Dogsey vibes as I really need them
Maureen
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 02:16 AM
{hugs} to you maureen xxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 03:19 AM
Bless ya! I'm so sorry your OH had a heart attack But I'm so glad to hear he's now OK.......

Maybe you could express your concerns to someone at the hospital, and they can make it clear to your OH.....I don't know, but I really hope he listens to you.

Thinking of you all xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-12-2011, 05:40 AM
Oh Maureen - I do hope your OH learns a lesson from this - sending your loads of cyber (((hugs))) and love.

xXx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 06:35 AM
What a nightmare for you all - especially your husband who must have been in terrible pain and very, very scared. I do hope he recovers both quickly and well.

Your hubby is probably very scared right now and, if he's like most men, the more you try to push something onto him, the more he'll go the other way. The hospital will give him advice and, if I were you, I'd want to know what that advice is - particularly in respect of diet.

If you do most of the cooking, you can be an excellent help to him. Cutting down portions, substituting foods etc.

Is your hubby at all competitive? You are dieting anyway so perhaps a weekly weigh in (and let him gloat if he loses more than you, but look aggrieved )

Can you go with him to walk? Maybe suggesting that you need help to keep your exercise routine going or you'll 'never lose weight'.

Does he like computer games - perhaps a Wii Fit or similar will encourage exercise?

Try not to judge him too harshly. We fall into lifestyles, often not realising the damage we are doing to ourselves until the 'wake up' call comes
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 06:43 AM
Hi, I am so sorry and you must be out of your mind with worry and all sorts of emotions will be going through you now, anger, fear etc.

Maybe a support group might be useful to you?

http://www.heartcarecsg.co.uk/links.cfm
kuma
New Member!
Female 

14-12-2011, 06:44 AM
Warm fuzzy hugs to you, Maureen!!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Sending loads of vibes to you and your other half. Fingers crossed that he is shocked enough to take heed to the need for change.

I am sorry for the worry he has put you through and hope he sees sense.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 07:01 AM
How scary, I can only imagine how you must be feeling. I'd be angry too, I do hope it's a wake up call. Will he come for dog walks with you? Do you cook? Could you make some healthier substitutions without him knowing? I don't know what to tell you, I really feel for you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2011, 07:18 AM
I am so sorry Maureen. I hope the hospital explain to him before letting him home and giving him advice on his diet and exercise regime how lucky he has been. Hopefully it will sink in.

Big (((hugs))) to you. X
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >