Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 10:20 PM

Finally got M.I.L into a nursing home

after her 2 nd fall in 7 weeks and her 2nd stay in hospital we finally got her to agree to go for alternative accomadation. shes in the home for a few weeks untill we can hassle the socail services to pull their fingers out and arrange for charlies mum to go into either sheltered accommodation or a place near to us so we can look after her better. now this weekend there will be a flat empty and its 1 min away from us. also the neighbour is a carer who will pop in and see her when we cant.
so 2morrow we will be on the councils doorstep
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2011, 06:44 AM
Fingers crossed for you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2011, 07:16 AM
I wish you every success. And phew you must be so relieved.

Mum is still admamant that she is going home even though she is now on her 2nd fall in 61/2 weeks and back in hospital and those are just the most recent two. We are keeping fingers crossed it is taken out of our hands by the heart problem and medical intervention steps in for us.

Her GP, her Consultant for her Sarcoidosis both say she is not safe in the house but on the falls alone it is not enough to release her into some sort of care they will allow her to go back and keep falling.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Oh well what the biggest cockup going. why dont 1 dept actually talk to another dept.and when they do talk to us why is it all utter ball****e. (sorry about the bad words here but they are justified)
the home wasnt expecting MIL thursday. so caught them on the hop. she was literary dumped on their doorstep. so the staff where running about trying to sort her out a bed, so we go to her place and pack a suitcase, and other bits she may want. promptly forgetting her shoes and bras!!! we get to the home. OMG its horrible, its full of ppl who have dementia and although MIL has a few memory probs shes not that bad, the food well mince and cabbage COLD!! and they want 520-00 a week for that. the website made it look nice. was under the impression she would have her own room, nope shes sharing. they are asking is she here permanent or temporary??? so charlie says well hopefully its only temporary, so he trots off to the social services, speaks to some faceless person on the phone. and they say oh no its permanant!!!! no way. so we go to the local council. now the woman Roz was great shes given us the correct forms to fill in. and says because of a mix up she was awarded only 10 points. and really she should of had 200 points. so once we get the forms back we can start bidding on propertys for MIL. stupid way of doing things but if it gets her a place all well n good.
so we think ok we will get the forms sorted.and we will get her out of the home. so we BREAK HER OUT OF THERE. had to pay for a days keep about 80 odd quid, honestly it would of been cheaper to put her up in a hotel for the night!!!
so she stayed her last night. hmmm what a palarva, she has a few probs with her toiletry needs, so i cover the sofa bed with bin bags. towels, and an old quilt cover. MIL ends up with all of that ON THE FLOOR and we end up with a rather large wet patch on the sofa bed mattress, now im cleaning all this up at 5 am!! said i have cleaned up worse BEN when hes eaten something over the park ect. exploding both ends. (sorry too much info lol)
so gets her sorted. then im up at 7-30 to get out for 9 am for hrt blood tests at the hospital. ive had to cancel my doctors appoinment by now. re-made it for next week, and after the bloods we take MIL back to her place. luckily her carer had been in the night b4 and put the heating on, ect. and we then pull her place apart. we have put her bed in the front room (she lives in a caravan btw) so now she has lots of room to move about it. its warmer. and we have the carer coming up twice a day. hoping this is till we can get her a place to live with te council.
so im totally worn out, and 2 morrow im having a day off and im goining out for a few drinkies. cause i deserve it lol
goodness me im tired out now. so an early night for me i think.
sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hard work innit.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-12-2011, 08:05 AM
I am so sorry to hear that nothing went to plan. My fingers are still crossed that everything will be sorted out satisfactorily without any more foul-ups. xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2011, 08:19 AM
I hope it gets sorted satisfactorily Kath.

What a nightmare and you don't need to be nursing anyone you need looking after yourself.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2011, 07:05 PM
charlie went to see her first thing, and she was fine this morning. her place was pretty warm as well. her carer has been in a couple of times. and all ok tonight when we called. so we have had a DAY OFF !!!! been to the pub. im now sipping on a fine single malt whiskey
got a stew in the slow cooker.with dumplings. so hopefully a nice evening
got ben at the vets monday for his check up. then tuesday a free day woohoo. rest of the week is taken up with sorting out more with M-I-L
have a good evening all.