View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Talk about not being able to keep up with posts - I've just read on and found that there isn't going to be another chat thread!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Afternoon all,

Helena and Lynn you both do the most fantastic job on here but nobody would expect their individual posts to be answered every time ...... I am sure every post is commented on by someone anyway. I tend to highlight peoples names and will carry on doing so. If there is some news that someone wants to draw to everyone's attention, or some major drama, the person posting it can always highlight in a different colour which stands outfor all to read. In the last week or so I have found it really time consuming reading all the posts which I do and then the it takes forever to comment on every thing and feel awful if I forget someone. But I too am nosey and its lovely reading what everyone is doing but just very time consuming.

Or what about getting a rota up and all the regulars have a day to run this chat section ................ or whoever is first in here in the morning could put the 'welcome thread up' and it could be a free-for-all?

I've now forgotten what on earth I've read over the last 4 pages

(((hugs))) I know need to go to Jenny, Lore and Harvey ....................... actually ((hugs)) to everyone then no one is left out
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
That's nice Helena that your new guests have appreciated all the work you have put into that new van. Well done.
Thanks Moyra, and yes I geddit!!! Good idea you got there

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Afternoon everyone

Sorry if this is in the wrong chat thread but I'd already multi-quoted a few threads to reply to and haven't seen a second one yet.

Seriously Helena and Lynn - I don't think anyone could expect you to be permanently online, answering everybody all day and night. It is very hard to keep up with it all - I struggle too, especially when I fall asleep at night. There must be another way.

I realised I didn't congratulate Jenny (Nippy) on the graduation - what good news that is. I am also very sorry to hear about your friend.

I also didn't say, Helena, how sorry I am that Dave suffers from the same waking up as I do. It is really horrible. I went to bed early last night but could not stay asleep. Poor Steve, of course I kept waking him up with my rolling around, drinking water, muttering, etc. I'm really glad to see that he is happier at the weekends with you though.

Harvey - huge hugs. We all dread the day we lose our friend and I really feel for you. xxx

Lynn - I hope Michael will be okay and you don't have to tread on egg shells. Great news about the possible house sale, especially of the estate agents are out of the loop.

We tried to contact the agent responsible for the development to enquire about prices for the phase 2. Not only did he not start work until 10 am, but the prices are not going to be released until all the phase 1 lot are up and sold.

I had to go shopping for a birthday present today for a kid's party on Saturday - it's 3 hours long! Then there's another one the following Sunday! I'd prefer to be with Carys because I don't know them very well. I shall choose a good book to read or charge up the Kindle then!

I hope you are all having a good day and again, Lynn and Helena, don't worry!
Hi Linda, LOL, see what I mean, if YOU get confused and forget, how do you think we manage to answer every, single person who posts That's why we came up with a plan, but that plan has now gone right out the window, it'll be confusing, and we'll be diving in and out of both trying to keep up won't we! Sometimes I come up with some crazy ideas Plan "B" is to shut up and leave things as they are

Yes, I know you suffer like he does, and for people like me who sleep like logs it's hard to understand. That's why we have our own rooms now, I just couldn't sleep with him laying there wide awake half the night fidgeting about (nooooooooo!!!! ) If those Phase 2 houses have an extra bedroom, Steve might well put his name down on one methinks

Don't you like to join in on those kid's parties then Linda? I love a kid's party, I'm in there with 'em, but that's probably because I missed out on a real childhood, whereas you didn't.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Talk about not being able to keep up with posts - I've just read on and found that there isn't going to be another chat thread!
See what I mean! Imagine how it is for Bitkin when she arrives in the early evening and spends an hour reading from the start before she even thinks about replying to who she wants to, and by the time she does, she's forgotten half of it LOL!

I suppose it keeps our brains active, and Jenny is absolutely ace at doing the replying to everybody, she deserves a medal that girl I'm off to find her one.

Right, I have an announcement to make:

There will NOT be another chat thread for daily chit chat, it's all in here already, and for those who can't keep up sometimes (me and Lynn included) well, c'est la vis innit!!

Off for a lie down now, a very long one, I've done my head in now
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Afternoon all,

Helena and Lynn you both do the most fantastic job on here but nobody would expect their individual posts to be answered every time ...... I am sure every post is commented on by someone anyway. I tend to highlight peoples names and will carry on doing so. If there is some news that someone wants to draw to everyone's attention, or some major drama, the person posting it can always highlight in a different colour which stands outfor all to read. In the last week or so I have found it really time consuming reading all the posts which I do and then the it takes forever to comment on every thing and feel awful if I forget someone. But I too am nosey and its lovely reading what everyone is doing but just very time consuming.

Or what about getting a rota up and all the regulars have a day to run this chat section ................ or whoever is first in here in the morning could put the 'welcome thread up' and it could be a free-for-all?I've now forgotten what on earth I've read over the last 4 pages

(((hugs))) I know need to go to Jenny, Lore and Harvey ....................... actually ((hugs)) to everyone then no one is left out
Hi Jen, and LOL at you there, but as I said in my last post, you do a fantastic job of remembering what everybody said without having to multi quote each one and read each one for a 2nd time when you get to it as you scroll down.

I think you've hit on a brilliant idea there with the first one up gets it up Jenny, cos I'm always up very early, along with a few others, BUT, what happens there is, maybe 3 of us start typing it, without knowing somebody else is, we all hit the post button, and voila, you then have no less than THREE daily threads to pop in and out of don'tcha We tried doing this originally between us, but we'd always make sure we pm'd each other first to say who was ready to do it, so then we decided to just alternative our days cos it made it easier.

I think we'll carry on as we are, me or Lynn will take it in turns as we do to get it up, and just make it a free for all, and the posts we want to reply to (me and Lynn) then we can, and when we don't have the time, then we can't can we. That way, we don't feel like we have to make such a meal out of picking out each post and answering each person in turn, cos sometimes it takes well over an HOUR to read, multi quote and then read each one again, before replying to everybody. It's so nice for each person to get an answer though, but as you say, somebody always answers most people anyway (especially from you!) so nobody should feel left out at all, if at least somebody has said something about their post. Put it this way, if this was a room full of people and somebody in the corner piped up with something, it's not nice to ignore them is it?

Maybe we should get a life hey??????

See what we're doing now though? We're making this thread about 20 pages long before the afternoon LOL!!!! Think I'll just shut up now
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Afternoon all,

Helena and Lynn you both do the most fantastic job on here but nobody would expect their individual posts to be answered every time ...... I am sure every post is commented on by someone anyway. I tend to highlight peoples names and will carry on doing so. If there is some news that someone wants to draw to everyone's attention, or some major drama, the person posting it can always highlight in a different colour which stands out for all to read. In the last week or so I have found it really time consuming reading all the posts which I do and then the it takes forever to comment on every thing and feel awful if I forget someone. But I too am nosey and its lovely reading what everyone is doing but just very time consuming....[snip]...
I AGREE!

I've now forgotten what on earth I've read over the last 4 pages

I have Dogsey set to show 25 messages per page - it makes it far easier to speed read down than having say only 10 messages per page [or however many you choose.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 01:06 PM
OK; my input!

I sometimes start new threads here, but feel bad doing that as if I have no authority to do so. And they fade out very fast indeed.

Maybe if more of us started threads and responded to other threads... The chat thread is such a family thing it must be very hard for newbies to dive in s maybe that would make it easier.

Just some thoughts
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Helena

I said recently I wish people wouldn't keep apologising for not having time to read all the posts - sort of makes you think you 'should do that'! Or a bit guilty if you don't. And reading so many times 'sorry for anyone I've left out'.

I've used 'daily threads' before where the same one just keeps running and is added to. Then if people want to 'read back' they can.

I sort of decided it was probably better and easier to just post a bit about what's happening here than to try to read all and multi quote and comment on everything. And of course the more people that 'join in' the more people there are to respond to individually.

I think it's a big chore for you two to actually have to start it off and then keep popping back to 'monitor it'.

I'm sure no one would object to whatever you thought was the best thing to do.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Why not just edit the title of the latest one or start a new one and leave the DAY off it?

Just Morning Dogsey - Daily Thread?

Anyone can be first to post on it then. I often have time to post but it isn't up yet and by the time I get to look again it has run into many pages!

It's this 'feeling obligated' that is horrible for you and for Lynn.

And people can start NEW THREADS on any subject in Chat - even if it's wondering what colour curtains to put with their carpet lol!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm late on parade today. I have kept having a catch up all morning but haven't had time to reply. Heaven knows how Lynn & Helena do it So by now I've forgotten what everybody else is up to.
Anyway good news about the house Lynn. Sod's law isn't in it for you is it?
I nipped out this morning to look for something to stick on top of this Giant Cupcake I'm supposed to be making - something like Happy Birthday on a wire to stick in the top but up to now I can't find anything Of course while I was out the postman left a card - I've ordered a Boomer Ball for Taff so that's another visit to the sorting office Why they won't try a neighbours beats me
OH can't get his iPad to switch on - we've got one each. So I'll have to go to the Apple shop in Liverpool probably on Saturday for them to sort that out. We did get them insured when we bought them (cos there is no way we'd be able to afford another one) but of course I can't find the receipt anywhere
Miserable day here - it's a heavy drizzle so I've got a soggy dog asleep after a quick run around with his ball & chucker.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 02:09 PM
I dont think everyone should be posting here to the detriment of other places in Dogsey. It is good to have various threads so that people can see what is going on.
I certainly don't think H and L should answer every post here either, they are far too busy for that

I often feel very guilty because I don't have time to answer everyone but I do read it all and feel for all of you when you are poorly or have miss-fortune.

Back later, after some housework!
Page 5 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »