View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Hi I am just hoping that you and yours are OK,its early days yet,but are thoughts are with you,it is always harder especially for the other dog,they just don't understand,when I lost Red its wasnt another dog,it was a feral cat who went round the house making this plantive meow.I have lit a candle for Syd so he knows that he is loved not just by you but by others and will be sadly missed Gemini54
Dobionekenobi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2013, 10:00 AM
I don't know how i've only just seen this thread but OMG i am so so sorry.
Lots of hugs, thoughts and prayers are with you at the moment. And sloppy kisses from my hairy three.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2013, 06:40 AM
I'm so sorry it wasn't a good outcome, thinking of you & your gang.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and concern. We're actually all doing fairly ok I think, although that might well change on Monday when we get his ashes home. I have no idea what to do with the ashes though as I know I won't be able to bring myself to scatter them, to me, weirdo that I am, if feels like throwing him away. I might have to opt for a big planter with a specimen plant in. Dudley my Boxer has been sitting in the kitchen cupboard since 1996, well his ashes have, and it's time he had a fitting memorial too. Small dogs and cats I have no problem burying in the garden with a nice plant placed on top, but with big dogs that's never an option. Time to 'man up' and find a solution me thinks.

Once again Thank you.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Bless you ((hugs)). Cassie my little dog I lost in 2010 is still sitting here on the dresser. I too couldn't 'throw' them away . I was going to scatter them in our garden which she loved but then I though if/when we move house I wouldn't want to leave her behind
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-06-2013, 11:44 AM
I have my Max and Ollie in a beautiful box in the living room it is the size of a small ottoman. It also has their toys and leads etc., in there.
I cannot scatter them when we move at some point I need them to come with us and when we find our final home then I will find a nice spot for the ashes.
Monday may well be a difficult day for you.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

26-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Bless you ((hugs)). Cassie my little dog I lost in 2010 is still sitting here on the dresser. I too couldn't 'throw' them away . I was going to scatter them in our garden which she loved but then I though if/when we move house I wouldn't want to leave her behind
That's my problem too, we have no plans to move but it's a large house and with just the two of us we will no doubt downsize at some point in the distant future. At least a planter could be transported, might give us a hernia though.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

26-06-2013, 11:50 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only 'Nutter', I always said they were coming with me when I pop my clogs but tbh I think that's just me procrastinating as I have no belief at all in an afterlife.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

26-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and concern. We're actually all doing fairly ok I think, although that might well change on Monday when we get his ashes home. I have no idea what to do with the ashes though as I know I won't be able to bring myself to scatter them, to me, weirdo that I am, if feels like throwing him away. I might have to opt for a big planter with a specimen plant in. Dudley my Boxer has been sitting in the kitchen cupboard since 1996, well his ashes have, and it's time he had a fitting memorial too. Small dogs and cats I have no problem burying in the garden with a nice plant placed on top, but with big dogs that's never an option. Time to 'man up' and find a solution me thinks.

Once again Thank you.
Bandit along with tabby the cat sit on the work top in the laundry. We planned to scatter him in his fav place, but can't bring ourselves to do it....hubby planted a bush in the garden where he liked to lay .....

I often speak to him when I am pottering around the laundry , and only the other day gave his casket a dusting, telling him We can't have this can we, getting covered in dust .
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Bandit along with tabby the cat sit on the work top in the laundry. We planned to scatter him in his fav place, but can't bring ourselves to do it....hubby planted a bush in the garden where he liked to lay .....

I often speak to him when I am pottering around the laundry , and only the other day gave his casket a dusting, telling him We can't have this can we, getting covered in dust .
Hi When I moved,felt awful as had to leave Red behind,it was just like losing him again.So I think if I had a choice keep his ashes and plant some sort of plant.Gemini54
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7