Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Clarey83
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2013, 10:08 PM

Apple Cider Vinegar

Hi pet parents!

I just wanted to tell you all about my amazement at how awesome apple cider vinegar is!

My dog has quits runny eyes, vet said he probably has hayfever(his nose runs too) and to give him piriton. Which I did. I can't say that I noticed much difference really.

Then I heard apple cider vinegar was good for clearing dogs eyes so put a teaspoon in his drinking water this morning...low and behold his eyes looked clearer in a few hours!! I'm truly amazed at how quickly it worked! It wasn't expensive either, asda own brand less than £1!

Tonight I decided to read up about it and there are so many other health benefits I wish I had discovered it a long time ago! Improved digestion, better immune system, great for itchy skin, helps joints in older dogs.

I just had to share this info as it could benefit other dogs too

Thanks for listening(well, reading) x
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Will be looking into that, thanks for the info
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 10:31 PM
Hi! Apple cider vinegar is said to help with fleas, minor digestive issues, and stuff like that as well. Unfortunately, I put a little bit in my dogs water, and he picked at the water and coughed for days and I realized he couldn't tolerate it at all.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 11:56 PM
ACV is very pungent smelling which puts a lot of animals off. If you really want to give it, try adding just a few drops to their water over a week and then increase it - "drops" at a time over succeeding weeks

Have to admit the mere smell of it puts me off - my father drank it every day of his life
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2013, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the info, I'll make a note of that.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2013, 07:14 AM
If its the supermarket type it is not really the one you want to be using for animals. For animals to get the true benefits you need the one with the what they call mother in it Its unpasteurised.
You can google it or find it in some animal feed shops.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
If its the supermarket type it is not really the one you want to be using for animals. For animals to get the true benefits you need the one with the what they call mother in it Its unpasteurised.
Yes. We used a RAW type. It had like gross apple or something floating all in it. It wasn't nearly as thin as grocery kind... but my dog still hated it and it made him cough :/
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I could not find any here so bought a 16oz bottle of raw, unfiltered and unpasteurised apple cider vinegar [with the "Mother"] for $2.54 from the US with one of my regular orders from them. It is human quality and I make a salad dressing by mixing it with EVOO as well as adding a few drops to Pereg's "wet" meal. No point in putting it in her water as that gets spilled quite regularly!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2013, 01:55 PM
I put it into Dillon's food its very good for us humans too.
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 09:09 PM
I've brought some Braggs apple cider vinegar after reading the benefits for dogs and demi had a teaspoon on her dinner tonight and seemed to love it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >