Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rubythebeagle
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-03-2010, 02:09 PM

Ruby just had a swim in the pond!!

Well we were just coming back from walking and popped into my friends before we went home. She was just in the process of starting to clear out the pond, so we went into the garden and let Ruby off. The last time Ruby was there the pond was frozen so she just skidded across it. So today she was having a little sniff around it, and then was walking around the ledge inside the pond, just as i told her to get out she put her paw one step to far and SPLASH!! Yes she went straight in, its not a massive pond but she had to have a little swim before she managed to get her footing to get out. So she then had to have a hose down, and i have now just finished giving her a bath. She did have great fun running around the garden like a goon though She is now fast asleep, obviously all the fun was too much
seaunicorn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Last week we had a similar experience with Missy - on a walk we were crossing a river culvert with a pipe to take it under the path. Missy walked onto the pipe and then thinking that the duck weed was grass just stepped straight off the pipe, she disappeared under the water for what felt like a very long time but was actually 2 seconds, the difference between Missy and Ruby was that she hates water and came straight out again all covered in duck weed and smelling horrible, as with Ruby we had a shower when we got home - she ran around like something possessed and then flaked out.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Silly Ruby Glad she was ok though.