Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-04-2011, 10:05 AM

Just wanting to say hello

I joined Dogsey from a recommendation from another Forum when my beloved Pereg had her first major Grand Mal epileptic seizure.

I was given a wonderful welcome here, plus support and help but I cannot remember who or where gave me either of the latter, so please forgive me for not having returned. Things have been extremely fraught, both for her and for myself.

Somewhere, somehow, on some Forum or another, I managed to find a specific Forum and much information about Canine Epilepsy. So to whoever it was that led me to that site, I thank you, even though I have no idea who/where/how.

My beloved girl has been officially diagnosed as being epileptic and is now on day 13 of medication [25mg phenobarbitone/phenobarbiton BID] with no major seizures since starting, although a couple of minor Petit Mal episodes, but of course there is no cure for epilepsy, just control. And there is no knowing whether today's dosage will keep the epilepsy under control or whether it will need increasing...

...and there is no way of knowing if and/or when she will have another seizure.

The one thing I was told, and I must remember, is that I have to live with epilepsy and not for it.

In the meantime? She is still my beloved girl.