View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
montysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2010, 10:15 AM
It's such a shame about this liittle dog.

I used to take my previous dog to the groomers for his routine wash and brush up. He was a lab cross type mongrel, but too big for me to bathe regularly.

He just used to get stressed out by the hand driers they used and hated every minute of it.

I ended up thinking that if I had washed him at home I would have just towel dried him so started to ask them just to do that and I drove him home damp.

He was a lot happier with that, less stressed and I just had to make sure he didn't get cold when he got home till he was dry.

I didnt know about these cage things and am just so grateful he was never put in one.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 01:39 PM
OMG. That is heartbreaking ;o(
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
A curly coated dog should always be fluff dried by hand for the best result. A drying cabinet can be used for any breed, but should be used under strict supervision.

Chaz - a dog should not be wearing a collar or noose at all in a cabinet, as things can get caught.

I do prefer not to use them at all, but like anything they can be used safely. I wouldn't want one in my salon though.
I hadn't even commented on this thread yet, give me chance did you mean Reisu?

The only experience I have had of grooming dogs was at college where they had a drying cabinet, tbh I didn't really like it, but thankfully all the dogs were fine in it, although I must admit when Diesel went in to college for a display dog for the open he never went in, one because he wouldn't of needed too, and two he's a nervous hound anyway, so something like that would be IMO totally wrong for him.
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by twilightwolf View Post
Pets At home... Where Pets come First. Pffft.
Yeah
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3