Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 06:10 PM

Simply Red At Petworth House 15th July

Yippe, just managed to get tickets to see Simply Red again, must be my 5th time!

This time it's a open air concert/picnic style at Petworth House in Sussex Sat 15th July.

Anyone else going ???
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 09:29 AM
That's good then, I will have him all to myself!!
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 11:00 AM
I'm not ggoing there but I'm gonna see them at the summer pops in Liverpool ..I think its next week ...sa the Who last night ..they were brill
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 11:25 AM
have a great time ....bet they are great live
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Murphy
I'm not ggoing there but I'm gonna see them at the summer pops in Liverpool ..I think its next week ...sa the Who last night ..they were brill
Enjoy, he is definately the best I have seen live (5 times now ) oh apart from Celine Dion in Vegas of course... she was awesome x
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Just had to let you all know what a fab day we had yesterday.

We went for our picnic at Petworth House, and it was a glorious day.

Then later in the evening we saw Simply Red and support artists - who were fantastic.

It was the second time I had been to an open air concert/picnic style, the first was can you believe Acker Bilk years ago.

There were thousands of people there all doing their own thing, with friends and families having champagne in the grounds, and just chilling out until the evening performance.

He sung a few of the older well known songs but also a few from his new up and coming album which will be released later on this year-very rocky too!! Liked them.

After the show it took us about an hour to get out of the grounds, as the system was hopeless

So shattered today after a brill day !!!
Minnie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2006, 08:59 AM
Glad you had a nice time!!

We too have seen Simply Red several times and just love them
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2006, 07:25 PM
I keep hearing about these summer concerts they have had them going on all week at Rochester Castle, one of my work colleagues went this week, said it was fantastic, people were taking enormous picnics, bottles of wine, even candelabras. I have promised myself I am going next year.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Katiecoos
I keep hearing about these summer concerts they have had them going on all week at Rochester Castle, one of my work colleagues went this week, said it was fantastic, people were taking enormous picnics, bottles of wine, even candelabras. I have promised myself I am going next year.

It's a bit of a gamble with our weather though, if it had of been last weekend we would be washed away!!!!!

Still on a high, and went to see some friends today and found out they were there last night too!!

Nigel wouldn't believe me when I said picnic style, and wanted to take the comfy wicker chairs........... ( which we did take )

It was just a picnic in the park on a glorious saturday afternoon.... followed by a concert with one of the most talented guys in the business. AWESOME