Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
So it took them 13yrs to fix the previous goverments mistakes? If yes then surely the same amount of time should be gifted to the goverment now to fix the problems left by them

The mess was created by the 60s Wison Gov(cap in hand to the IMF)

Heath and Callgahan tried to fix it but with the Oil Crises(DA JAU VAU) had little luck.

Thatcher did with a lot of pain,but she did, This country was great again by1985 for the first time in 24 years
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2008, 12:00 PM
She gave people hope in the home counties while the rest of the country could go to ruin. She was elected to lead the full country not just the conservative powbase. The unemployment figures in the 80s were around to the 10-13% mark and in some places 20%, yet in the south east they were 7%.

I am not comparing the to only in the fact that people lost family members in both wars.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
The mess was created by the 60s Wison Gov(cap in hand to the IMF)

Heath and Callgahan tried to fix it but with the Oil Crises(DA JAU VAU) had little luck.

Thatcher did with a lot of pain,but she did, This country was great again by1985 for the first time in 24 years
And it was ****ed up again by 1990 so and brought well and truely to its knees when the prat major took over, A man personally supported by thatcher, that alone shows an error of judgement.
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Unless they're going to give state funerals too all past Prime ministers I'll say no.

Other than Winston Churchill, what other PM#s have been given a state funeral? Where will it end, and who will be paying for it? Oh yes, the tax payer

Gladston , Wellington , Desrialy(sp) , Fox, Churchill.

Think she was at least as great as them.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
Gladston , Wellington , Desrialy(sp) , Fox, Churchill.

Think she was at least as great as them.
Desrialy also didnt recive a state funeral.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Labour couldn't organise a pi$$ up in a brewery let alone fix ANYONE'S mistakes, their own inclusive! I mean dear Lord what legacy has Tony Blair left? Thousands of families without their sons, daughters, mothers, fathers? Nice!

My admiration is not only for Baroness Thatcher from a political point of view, but also as a loud out spoken feminist!
... and just as you thought it was all over Lise!!! I'm back!!!

Oh I really like that statement Lorna! They are reknown for borrowing up to the hilt, getting the Country into such a monetory state that we end up owing more than we own, that's just typical of them, and the next Govt (usually the Conservatives) have to seem all bad for trying to build up the economy once more. They like it in the bank like I do, not spend, spend, spend (well, unless it's shoes of course!).

On the 10 o'clock news last night, I couldn't believe my ears, when the political editor was at Downing street after a big meeting that had been going on between the Treasury and Brown, and apparently they needed more money, and they can't put anything else up because there are bi-elections coming up, and they don't want to look any dumber than they already do so, what do they do in their infinite wisdom???? They decide to "re-write" the rules on our borrowing (because we have actually borrowed more than we are allowed!!!), SO, the answer is, you just re-write the rules about how much you can borrow and Bob's your Uncle, you can borrow more! If it wasn't so worrying it would be quite laughable wouldn't it!!! How come we can't do that at OUR banks then!!!! I was speechless - for once!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Desrialy

are you sure
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
... and just as you thought it was all over Lise!!! I'm back!!!

Oh I really like that statement Lorna! They are reknown for borrowing up to the hilt, getting the Country into such a monetory state that we end up owing more than we own, that's just typical of them, and the next Govt (usually the Conservatives) have to seem all bad for trying to build up the economy once more. They like it in the bank like I do, not spend, spend, spend (well, unless it's shoes of course!).

On the 10 o'clock news last night, I couldn't believe my ears, when the political editor was at Downing street after a big meeting that had been going on between the Treasury and Brown, and apparently they needed more money, and they can't put anything else up because there are bi-elections coming up, and they don't want to look any dumber than they already do so, what do they do in their infinite wisdom???? They decide to "re-write" the rules on our borrowing (because we have actually borrowed more than we are allowed!!!), SO, the answer is, you just re-write the rules about how much you can borrow and Bob's your Uncle, you can borrow more! If it wasn't so worrying it would be quite laughable wouldn't it!!! How come we can't do that at OUR banks then!!!! I was speechless - for once!
that was lorna's statememt not mine hun
so not lise related
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
She didnt recive a state funeral.
and whats the difference ? funding - because we dont fund the royal family right? - its the same drain on resources be it ceremonial or state with respects to security, disruptions etc etc - so a state funeral needs a motion passed by pariliament and the other one doesnt - but Di didnt need a royal ceremonial funeral - she was divorced out of it.

This government spends more money on State visits from undesirables like the chinese head of state than it would in sending off one of its most reveered leaders in history.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 12:15 PM
do we get a day off work if there;s a state funeral ?
Page 18 of 33 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 > Last »