Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kerrijane22
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2006, 03:02 PM

ouch...OBI poorly privates!!!!!!!

I have not been on in ages, my bad....

OBI is not having the best start in life at all, bless him..... he now has a rather strange problem....

any male readers i warn you this may hurt to read....

well on saturday night obi was "dominating" his teddy, when i noticed that he was now not just playing but popping out as well, however i now this is normal so left him to it.....BUT all of the sudden he started to yelp....
I picked him up and he was still yelping...so i check his legs and paws....and then i saw that his.......(please forgive me for the words i choose) testicles and inside penis was completely out of his foreskin.......ouch!!!
i mean it was not like his penis had come out it was his complete meat and two veg out and looking very saw....he was yelping somat rotten and started to get drowsy......

we got on the vet quickly who said to let him fall asleep as his heart would be racing and we would need to get some vaseline and wait untill he went quite and pull his skin back over........WELL my his penis did not look right at all and even now its back in its skin there seems to be a rip on it.........he got excited again this morning and the minute he was erect again he started yelping...........

help any advice...... vet just recommended???????
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Poor wee soul. Sounds like he could have torn his sheath. I'm sure he'll keep it clean himself but just keep an eye on it for any infection etc. If in doubt, whip him back to the vet.
kerrijane22
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2006, 03:09 PM
thankyou, he is licking it alot....
ste.n.steph
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2006, 03:16 PM
ohhhh ouch ouch ouch
Hope it gets better soon
minky's is the best advice, maybe ask the vet if he thinks you need to bathe it?
hope he gets better soon
kerrijane22
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2006, 03:21 PM
yeah will do....., my poor baby
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

05-04-2006, 03:24 PM
poor wee man, hope his wee winky gets better shortly...((xx))
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 03:29 PM
oohh thats sounds very sore - Bruno is covering his bits just thinking about it !
hope ur wee man feels better soon

dani_
kerrijane22
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2006, 03:36 PM
lol......i know, thank you all for advice and care.....
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Hi kerrijane22 what you are describing is quite normal behaviour and what normally happens during a tye, however your little pup is quite young for this to be happening.

I would not touch his genital area or draw attention to it in any way unless you really need to..just keep a discrete eye on it, he will lick any problem he has there anyway.

I would say what you really do need to do is to disuade/distract from the behaviou that causes arousal ...remove his Teddy or toy if he mounts it and initiate another form of play like throwing a ball or hide and seek..anything to distract him. Also don't laugh or pay him any attention when he mounts things or you will encourage the behaviour.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 04:38 PM
As has been said what happened is normal when mating but it is not normal to get a complete erection at other times. The two lumps you thought were his testis were in fact something called bulbus glandis or glans penis and their function is to lock the dog in position and help with the tie.

Glad your lad is now better, a tube of KY in the cupboard may help should it happen again.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >