View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 07:13 PM
I can imagine what you are going through, I would keep a close eye on him and if you feel he is not improving you can either take him to the vet or phone the vet tell them your concerns and see what they say?????
rachous
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Hi again, well mutthouse he isnt showing any signs of teething yet, but i thought it was usually about 4-5 months that they started anyway??? if he could be teething at this age might just be that cos i know my son has been really quiet when he is teething, but my girls both told us rather loudly with tears that they were teething.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 09:35 AM
Hi
Just caught this. Your pup has been through an awful lot in a short space of time and he's soooo young. One of mine had this op at 9 months (nothing in there though when opened up) and it took him a while to recover and get back to normal. If he's not getting up at all I'd get him checked over again... (£60 seems excessive for a follow up consultation?!)
rachous
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Hi all, well we had to take him back to the vets this morning, they said they are gonna open him up again, see if there is anything else in there, as he could feel a blockage, i am soooooooooo worried about thepoor little fella, he said it could be a medical problem this time due to the op before, he also said that he may open him up and find out that theres nothing they can do for him . We took him to a different vets , one that works in conjunction with the pdsa, and they had to ring the other vets to get his history and they told the new vets something which they didnt tell me but this new vet reckons they should have, when they operated they took some of his gut out as it had started to go bad and also (cant remember the medical term) but his intestine had kind of gone into itself(the way a telescope does). anyway, please pray for my little max. love rach xx
Flipper
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2006, 09:47 AM
Sorry to hear about your pup. Sounds like an intersussception (sp).
rachous
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2006, 09:48 AM
thank you flipper, yes that was the word.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 09:53 AM
Aww Rach

I have everything crossed here for this little fella.

Come on Max....You'll be fine xx

{{{hugs}}} to you
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Hi Rach I somehow missed this post yesterday...sorry to hear about your little chap...like the others say it could be an Intussusception, but then he would most likely have been more ill and off his food.

I would definitely want it investigated ASAP...good luck ...will be thinking about him
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Aww poor little guy, so much to go through at such a young age I really hope he is ok. Is bad of your vet not to tell you everything, you might have been able to be more prepared if you had known there had been some complications in the operation. I have everything crossed for him!
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 10:20 AM
one of my pups had an intersusseception and had 8 inches of gut removed that was when she was 15 weeks old, she recovered really well from the op, truely hope your puppy gets better soon xx
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >