Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 05:52 PM

Encapsulitis of the shoulder

Roxy has just been diagnosed with this. Her shoulder is very very painful, swollen and hot. She nearly leapt off the floor when the vet found "the spot". She's been prescribed Rimadyl 50mg for 7 days. He's not sure they'll even work, as her shoulder is so painful. If no improvement in a week, he'll try a new drug (whose name I didn't catch). Roxy is to have as little exercise as possible. At least now I know the reasoning behind her slow walking and limping poor little lamb. I'll keep you all posted.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Poor little lamb, did the vet suggest how this occurred, I assume it is inflammation of the lining surface of the bone, but I don't know, it is not something I have come across. Hope he shows some improvement soon and is back to his normal self.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Poor Roxy I hope the drugs work and get her back to her usual self xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Poor little lamb, did the vet suggest how this occurred, I assume it is inflammation of the lining surface of the bone, but I don't know, it is not something I have come across. Hope he shows some improvement soon and is back to his normal self.
He didn't say Jackie, and I forgot to ask - but I'm sure her weight has to be a contributory factor
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by BrandieSnap
Poor Roxy I hope the drugs work and get her back to her usual self xx
Thanks Suzie