View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lleonder
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2006, 08:33 PM

Seasons ? (could account for upset stomach?)

Hi not posted on here in a while but just wondered if anyones bitch gets an upset tummy before coming into season? My 17 mth old Leonberger is due into season in the next week or two and her toilet has been a bit loose off and on for a week now for no apparent reason. Could this be what it is?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by lleonder
Hi not posted on here in a while but just wondered if anyones bitch gets an upset tummy before coming into season? My 17 mth old Leonberger is due into season in the next week or two and her toilet has been a bit loose off and on for a week now for no apparent reason. Could this be what it is?
Hi lleonder If there is no other sign of illness yes it is a possibility the hormone changes could have affected your girls tummy ... you could try adding a little starch to her normal food in the form of boiled white rice to see if this helps. If it continues I would get it checked by the vet .
patterdale fan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Yes I do think it's likely that your dog could have an upset stomach when she's due a season. Midge tends to be a bit 'loose' around this time too, she's also the same when she's in season. If in any doubt though you could always let the vet look her over.
ste.n.steph
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2006, 01:08 PM
yeah my buffy goes loose when she is due and also goes more.
take care
steph
lleonder
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the replys. I am not overly worried as it isnt that bad and just seems to be every other day. She is a very exitable bitch which also can effect her tummy. She had been at the vets yeaterday getting weighed and he had suggested this but as I had never experienced this before just thought I would ask and see if it really was a common thing.