View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sophie23_98
New Member!
Female 

02-04-2006, 08:55 PM

season - at what stage in a season can a bitch be impregnated?

hi i just wanted to know when the bitch can get caught she is in day 3 off bleeding stages she as just recently had a litter and i do not want anymore accidents i know its towards the end of the season can plz some help me.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 09:23 PM
When a bitch has stopped bleeding, or the bleeding has almost stopped, that is not the end of the season but the time that she would be mated as ovulation occurs shortly after that. It is a misconception (no pun intended!) that the end of the bleeding is the end of the season and is a common reason for an "unexpected" pregnancy. It's actually the other way around to humans. A bitch would normally be in season for 3 weeks from the time the bleeding first appears although mine have all been "up for it" for much longer and I have guarded them up to day 30 to prevent "accidents".
An excellent book if you can get hold of it is "The book of the bitch" it is available in paperback, tells you everything about bitches not just the gynae stuff, very easy to understand and informative.
Hope this helps.
sophie23_98
New Member!
Female 

03-04-2006, 08:54 AM
hi deccy thanx for the help i knew about after she stopped bleeding this is when she can get caught just couldnt think how long the bleeding was for, i will try and get hold of that book.