Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sibelover
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-04-2006, 06:07 PM

grooming training?????

we currently run a moble service in doncaster but we are looking at opening a parlour the trouble is my wife is the groomer and i just help her out when she is busy (which is all the time now )
im wanting to train up is there anywhere in the north of england i could learn more? ideally as close to doncaster as possible
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Have you tried Rother Valley College at Dinnington? :smt017 Thats where I am currently training :smt001
sibelover
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-04-2006, 07:57 PM
hi
is it full time? part time? evenings?
how much does it cost? do they supply the dogs for you?
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 08:07 PM
1st course lasts 8wks (2hrs per week)doing the basics and mainly bathing/drying/brushing out 2nd course is 10wks which is an introduction scissoring and clipping (3hrs per week) both of these courses students are asked to provide their own dogs as and when they can 3rd Course 33wks (5hrs per week) continuation of scissoring and clipping - dogs provided

All courses cover health and safety, all aspects of dog health in relation to pet owners and the groomer - breed awareness, coat type - writing business plans, setting up a business ............................etc etc

Not sure what the courses cost now but for all three courses I paid a total of £300 (ish)
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi Sibelover, if you intend to offer stripping it might be a good idea for one of you to contact a local terrier kennel and to offer your services in return for being taught to strip
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Good idea Minihaha

Handstripping is taught on the course as is a brief introductory into cat grooming