View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 07:35 AM
I am so glad he is home, I am so glad it is something that can be controlled with meds. What a trial you have all been through.

I sincerely hope things get better for you and Loki soon, he must be feeling better already being back at home (and you!)

There is one thing in your post I wanted to highlight - you mentioned you had to pay your bill then get re-imbursed by your insurer. We didn't have to do this with M & S on our claim, our vet just waited for them to pay him direct. Are you sure you have to do this? Perhaps it is just your vets preferance, is it not worth asking if they will wait for the insurer to pay direct? Ours just got given the claim form to fill in and that was it, I just thought it would be a bit of weight off your shoulders if they would accept that?
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the update lucky star, i'm glad youy have your boy home and it is the lesser of some evils. As others have said when his dose is right he will be back to "normal". Our best wishes still remain with you all xx
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 08:27 AM
Glad to hear he is home and seeming abit better, hope the drugs work and he is on the mend soon poor lad!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 10:01 AM
hi Linda

Thank you for the update. I'm glad there were no tumours or anything.

And I'm glad you have Loki back home.

Fingers crossed the meds works.

J
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Awww glad you have got your baby back home again LS, worry is one thing you don't need at the moment with a baby on the way yourself - hope you are okay I will keep everything crossed that the medication is the right one and that it works for Loki and that the epilepsy can be controlled (((((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS LS, BUMP AND LOKI))))))))))))))))))))))))
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi LS you have a diagnosis so that is good news. Once Loki gets stabilised on the phenobarbitone there is no reason why he can't have a normal life.

I don't know if you have already done so but Lokis breeder should be informed ,there is strong evidence for genetic involvement in Idiopathic Epilepsy.
Also if you haven't already done so keep a strict log of dates/times/duration of episodes, this will help you vet in future.
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2006, 10:54 AM
great to hear hes home,bet you are relieved,he can lead a normal life and with your love and care i have no doubt he will,big hug for loki
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-04-2006, 10:58 AM
:smt038 So pleased to hears Loki's home, hope she does ok on the meds, I'm sure he will
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Pleased to hear he is ok, once his meds are stable, he'll do just fine.
Dawn.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Continued good wishes for you both
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >