View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 05:15 PM
kept app to show him the print off's.well no puppy jabs !!!! and booster when i want it done.after he read what i gave him

luckily he was interested and is going to research it further ....
AxlAndChaos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2006, 05:40 PM
That is good news Inca if you dont mine me asking, which link did you print out, might take a copy to the vets with me on wednesday (with it being a new vet, i dont know what he thinks/does about yearly jabs)
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-03-2006, 06:29 PM
*ok there puppy card says they had nobivac B(or D, cant read vets writing well)HLPP, thats when they were 10 and 12 weeks *

Hiya, Nobivac is made by Intervet, so follow the link I gave for them

*so going by there puppy jabs, they wouldnt have needed there jab last year, and would be good for another 2 years now? or am i miss reading *

No I think you are right Axl! Just a bit tired & wooly headed right now but will check it tomorrow when I`ll feel better hopefully

ps the B is a D & it stands for Distemper, thats for sure
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest
My first Border Collie, Glen, was rescued from a freezing river, as a pup (approximately 6 months old, vet thought) - someone had thrown him in with a brick tied to his neck .

This was quite a long time ago: when we took him in, and brought him to his first vet appointment, he got his puppy's "first injections". In those days, nobody ever thought about booster jabs (possibly, they didn't exist?), so he never had any more. He lived to be a healthy old boy of 19, and the only "serious" treatment he ever needed was an op to remove a stye from one eyelid.

Perhaps he was just lucky? I have no idea of what the initial jab contained, it was all very long ago! Probably just distemper?

I think I will have to have another discussion with my vet...........

Snorri
*In those days, nobody ever thought about booster jabs (possibly, they didn't exist?), *

No they didn`t, very few people would have had the monry to pay for them Snorri & if they did they wouldn`t have done!! Yes more than likely distemper as parvo didn`t come about till the 60`s.

And yes again, another discussion with your vet maybe needed, remember its not me telling you all this, its the manufacturers & all in black & white
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
kept app to show him the print off's.well no puppy jabs !!!! and booster when i want it done.after he read what i gave him

luckily he was interested and is going to research it further ....
Well he can`t really refute what the manu`s say can he........... :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

Hey this is a good day for the dogs more than that its a great day :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Katiecoos
So reading the link I think Daisy is protected up to 4 years, but I bet the vet doesn`t agree with that. I am seriously think about not having her done, she is 10 years old, might do more harm than good.
I think you might be making a very wise decision there Katiecoos. I always stop having mine vaccinated when they get to about 10yrs. old and one vet even said "you are very wise!!!" when I told him I didn't want one of my dogs boostered any more for that reason!

I did the same thing with the horse, as they too have to have annual boosters for flu and tetanus, and when my old boy got to 16, I had a chat with my vet about it and said I didn't think I wanted him boostered coz he was getting old, and again this vet told me if it were his horse he wouldn't bother either!
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by AxlAndChaos
That is good news Inca if you dont mine me asking, which link did you print out, might take a copy to the vets with me on wednesday (with it being a new vet, i dont know what he thinks/does about yearly jabs)

Rember Axl its NOT what he thinks or does, he has to do what the manus recommend & abide by their guidlines

but I think Incas vet is using Duramune & your vet uses Intervet/Nobivac, heres nthe link for Intervet again but best check cos I`m not on the ball right now sorry

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Inte...s_/-29489.html
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
I think you might be making a very wise decision there Katiecoos. I always stop having mine vaccinated when they get to about 10yrs. old and one vet even said "you are very wise!!!" when I told him I didn't want one of my dogs boostered any more for that reason!

I did the same thing with the horse, as they too have to have annual boosters for flu and tetanus, and when my old boy got to 16, I had a chat with my vet about it and said I didn't think I wanted him boostered coz he was getting old, and again this vet told me if it were his horse he wouldn't bother either!
Why 10 yrs Helen have you read all the info I`m passing on
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Yes thanks Christine, and that is why Cassie is not being done even though she is not 10 yet, but due to the state of her immune system etc. I have already told him she will not be done again. But with my previous dogs, I always stopped at around 10yrs. old.

Because of all the valuable information you sent me and the depths I went into all of this,I now have a dilema deciding on Georgie, as I don't want him done, but he is only 6yrs. old, and I know I will have a row with the vet over this one! Last year when he had his booster he started scratching again like mad, and all the info I have now read, I honestly think it's the boosters that are causing this. This will be a very big decision for me with him. Cassie I won't worry about, I have made my decision and the vet has accepted it.
AxlAndChaos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Thank you very kindly Christine, what a great help you are got the pages printed off ready to take with me now, and i hope you are getting to bed soon and feel better tomorrow.
Take care x
Page 6 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »