Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2006, 05:54 PM

Dog Groomer Wanted in Wigan

Does anyone know of a good groomer in Wigan, not too far from the town centre?

Poppy is fine with daily brushing including use of the de-matting comb behind the ears etc, also not too bad in the bath, although it does take 2 of us (one to bath and one to keep her distracted), but she is a complete pain when it comes to trimming the fur between her pads . She will not keep still, we have even tried leaving it til the evening when she is laying quietly on the sofa, but after a couple of snipps she's off!

Thought I'd take her to a good groomer to see how it's all done properly
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Sorry Harry I don't try ringing the vets in your area and asking them...Also try asking in pet shops.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Thanks Mini.

Only pet shop is P@H so will give that one a miss, but will ask our vet next time I'm passing.
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2006, 12:41 PM
We have the same problem with Reeno and he got to have his pads done for his shows, we use treats, human buiscets (sp) let him nibble them, yes risking your fingers while someone else does his paws. If you cant find anyone to take poppy to give me a pm and i will pop over to do her feet with/for you as i was a groomer in warrington before i moved. We are in or around Wigan often still.

Good luck
Sarah
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by enerosar
We have the same problem with Reeno and he got to have his pads done for his shows, we use treats, human buiscets (sp) let him nibble them, yes risking your fingers while someone else does his paws. If you cant find anyone to take poppy to give me a pm and i will pop over to do her feet with/for you as i was a groomer in warrington before i moved. We are in or around Wigan often still.

Good luck
Sarah
Thanks Sarah.

I'll give the treats a go, I must admit I still have to use "treats" (JWB - but she doesn't know the difference ) when I'm brushing her, likewise in the bath!

I'll give it a go at the weekend and let you know how it goes.
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Harry25
Thanks Sarah.

I'll give the treats a go, I must admit I still have to use "treats" (JWB - but she doesn't know the difference ) when I'm brushing her, likewise in the bath!

I'll give it a go at the weekend and let you know how it goes.
Oh i think Poppy has you well trained already LOL. They can be stubern cant they.

Good luck and give me a yell i am happy to help if needed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-04-2006, 02:12 PM
I live just on the outskirts of Bolton and Manchester and we have a local dog groomer who collects and delivers, if you want I can pm you their number and give them a ring and see if they will come out to you.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf
I live just on the outskirts of Bolton and Manchester and we have a local dog groomer who collects and delivers, if you want I can pm you their number and give them a ring and see if they will come out to you.

I think this is an old post Tawneywolf - its dated 24th January so I think they have probably found a groomer now - I was just looking for one too when I noticed the date of the post
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I think this is an old post Tawneywolf - its dated 24th January so I think they have probably found a groomer now - I was just looking for one too when I noticed the date of the post
just trying to helpful!!!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf
just trying to helpful!!!!

Sorry I wasn't being nasty or anything - I did exactly the same and found a groomer and then realised it was an old post - I wasn't getting at you or anything