View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2014, 10:28 AM
Hope you are warm and dry now Lynne. Pepsi went for a swim this morning. Hubby took her to the beach, the minute she smells the sea she is gone, she loves it so much
Just had a phone call from Kathy, she is home after her "minimoon"! We have had such a laugh. The night of the wedding her new hubby couldn't undo all the tiny buttons down the back of her dress so went to try and find someone to help.
All he could find was the Portuguese night porter. He had tiny hands and was able to help!
Next morning all the staff were in fits of laughter because in his broken English he had told them all that he had to get the bride out of her dress He was very amused and very pleased to help, hahahaha
Only MY daughter!!!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2014, 10:46 AM
LOL Nippy, a tale for the grandchildren and to be passed down the family I think. Sorry you're back's playing you up again after all your dancing at the weekend, you had a great day and lots of happy memories, so worth the pain now.
Going really black here, been a pleasant morning, got everyone out for a quick walk round and back before I go off on the bone run. No bones left at all, so they are having a raw carrot for lunch before I go.
Glad you're feeling a bit better Lynn, I too remember chanting the tables Linda and I have never forgotten them, imprinted in my brain for ever more. Also the Friday morning or was it Monday morning spelling tests!!!
We knew our tables by the time we moved up from infants to Juniors, so long before we even thought of secondary school. In fact we were doing decimals and fractions before we went to secondary.
Hope Helena's OK this morning.
Malka, try and get your head down this morning and have a sleep catch up if you can, not good if your BP is high like that.
Bev is there any supplement you can have that helps keep the BP down at all
Just had a friend of mine on who is raving about the benefits of green tea, she has apparently sent 2 bottles of the tablets to me, that'll be whats in the parcel that I missed yesterday because out with the girls. Perish the thought they should leave it at the neighbours like I ask, was wondering what the parcel was, so will collect tomorrow after the girls have been out and had lunch etc. because the sorting office is open all day on a Wednesday.
Off on the bone run now, back later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Morning Nippy Jen. that's a story to dine out on for a long while.
Morning June. Its so annoying when you miss parcels especially if you have left instructions.

I have had a phone call from Helen. 2+ hours. Don't know what we find to talk about.
She has asked me to apologise she did have a long post all typed out then her electric went all sorted now but something she could of well done without being incapacitated. There she was with a long stick in her left hand trying to push the trip switch up luckily her nice neighbour who is walking Zena came to her rescue and she is now sorted but won't be typing along post again so says hello to everyone.
Hopefully she will now be tucking into her jacket potato which has ended up looking like a prune due to our endless nattering. I now have my housework to do but it is lovely to chat with her and we do have a laugh.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Hello from me and her. Don't know where today has gone. But I do have my new printer at last. The delivery was on off on off but the girl in the shop ran it over to me. One little complaint. They said on phone that the 4 separate carts were 7odd each but I seem to have been charged 13.50 each for them so more than half what the printer cost!

I've lost the will to live over it now and will suck it up and buy future ones off Amazon or eBay.

Just got off a long phone call from the sons of the deceased owner of the Makenzy flats. That's moving along at last. Been a big drama there this past week. No time to recount it at the mo.

Have bought Bella a little inflated padding pool with a quilted inflated floor (her claws will soon pierce that) and am hoping she will twig it is to cool off in when it's warmed up!

Went for my first dip in the pool since Mart left. Is a bit windy today though.

When out with muttley someone asked me if she was preggers so I suppose I better sort her diet out again pronto! I extended the walk a bit to show willing - she came back knackered!

Bored witless writing up plant descriptions and care advice. But that will be ongoing for a while now.

No sign of any meeces whatsoever since I murdered the one that was doing gymnastics round the place in broad daylight.

Nippy that's a great wedding story for the future for the happy couple!

Jenny I can feel your excitement about your son's flat.

Bev, lots of stuff is said to be good at keeping BP steady but honestly see the doc first. Get it on an even keel if possible.

Toni Bell Time tune is being played on an ice cream van in the back lane here lol! Ain't heard that for years.

I had some plastic bags for storing lge bits like rugs and cannot find them. Probly easier to buy some more. Still got the bedroom lge rugs out here on the patio table!

I am off to doss on the sunlounger with my book for a bit.

Be good.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Good afternoon all....

Well it has taken me at least three hours to catch up over the last few days, what with sorting the washing, little sis's daily cuppa, dogs and chickens to sort and do the hoovering with my dolls house hoover....it is the one I reserved, but didn't take notice of how big or in this case small, it was, but I have to say it is flippin brilliant!! easy as good as some of the well know makes I have had and only £39:50

I am so sorry I cant even begin to comment on each individual post, but do know I luvs ya all xxx and I did try to ring Lynn,and now I know she was on the phone to Helena, who I am happy to see is feeling a little better, even though the electric is playing up

I am also having laptop problems, I will be glad to see the back of this one, it has always played up, I cant wait to upgrade in september. We are with Three and get a free laptop every two years although I suspect they might try to make me have a tablet, which I dont want

breaking news, we have a chick hatched and I am keeping an eye on Silkie, and hope she keeps out of the coop and dosent go in and kill it, it is a couple of days early, only fourteen eggs to go

And now it's raining and I have a line of washing, the dogs and the cats out!!So will nip in later.....
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Well Ms Meggee is safely at the vets being spayed. Norty lil girlie wouldn't go for a pee et this morning because we were up early tut tut.

Now its peeing it down again
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Afternoon all,

I've done all the 'chores' that had to be done this morning so the afternoon is mine to do what I need/fancy doing ..... unfortunately 'need and fancy' don't equate to the same things

Washing is on the line so I'm hoping the showers will hold off and it will dry quickly. The dogs have had a walk and while I was walking through the top field with the dogs off lead when a large leash of deer shot across in front of us. Fortunately the dogs were in really long grass so didn't spot them and I got them back on lead before they picked up the scent. I'm delighted to say they are still smelling lovely .

Moyra I hope you wrapped up and kept warm when you took Amber out again. The breeze is certainly very chilly.
Bev I'm sorry your BP is high again. That's you and Malka suffering from that
Emmis Well done and what a nice prize
Nippy Sorry that your back is giving you trouble again. Flat shoes and rest will hopefully see you fit very quickly. Your son in law having to get help to get your daughter out of her wedding dress really made me laugh. Something that no doubt will be remembered in the hotel for a long while to come
Afternoon Gordon
LS I despaired when my lads were at school because like Carys' school not enough onus was put on times tables and by the time my lads went on to 'big' school they were never taught as the teachers expected them to already know them. Too much time is spent on teaching them unnecessary subjects in my opinion and not enough on reading, writing and basic maths. Hopefully you'll get a little 'me' time during he day without Michael there .... it sounds as though you need it.
Lynne How annoying is that ...... getting soaked only for it all to stop once you got home.
Lynn Wow one marathon telephone conversation with H. Really pleased they were happy with her finger at the hospital and unfortunately physio will be painful . I'm glad you are feeling better than you did earlier.

***** the heavens have just opened but fortunately I managed to race outside and bring my washing in ****

TW I hope your bone-run was uneventful and I bet your pleased you managed to get the girls out earlier.

Well cutting our lawn won't be on the agenda now the rain really is torrential Roll on more settled weather as I have so many things to get on with outside.

See you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Afternoon Pat. Enjoy the sun and the book, glad the printer is now sorted.
Afternoon Elaine. Fingers crossed for the chicks.
Afternoon Jenny that was a lucky the boys didn't spot or smell the deer.
Still sunny here thank goodness but we did have rain nearly all day yesterday so I think we're entitled.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Tang You posted while I was typing. We have the same problem over here. The printers aren't overly expensive but its the blooming cartridges that are. We chose our last printer on the price of the cartridge as we get through so many. I'd love a bit of sun this afternoon and the thought of lying out reading a book sounds very appealing .... enjoy!!
Elaine Nice to see you back. Aw I do hope that newly hatched chick survives the wrath of the silkie. I'm glad your 'mini' and great valued hoover is proving to be good.
Joedee I hope Meggee's op goes well and she makes a speedy recovery .... poor girl not having a pee
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Watched me inflate it at the car with my little lecky pump thingie. Watched me fill it with great interest. Then went inside and haven't seen her since!

Page 3 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »