View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-05-2014, 08:01 AM
Good morning everyone - Lynn and Bev on sick parade this morning - not good, hope you are both restored quickly to your best. Jenny and fragrant fellows busy as usual and Moyra - please put on a good woolly jumper if you're taking Amber out this morning, for if it's anything like here, things are a might chilly. Emma - now the official captain of the Dogsey Football All Stars - the only problem is finding enough volunteers to fill the rest of the team sheet. Mind you. if they're giving out wine as prizes I could get killed in the rush. Hope all other members are fit and well today and their K9 companions full of beans! Lots to do, so off out with the dogs, only 1 more day to go to little Scout's hairdo! Bye fer now!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Morning Emm bonus you survived the football and won a bottle of wine. We know what your doing tonight.
Morning Nippy Jen. Sorry the backs bad hope it eases soon. The price we pay as we get older for enjoying ourselves.
I wonder if that guy has written a book I think it would be an interesting read.
On most of the emergency programmes people seem to be having heart attacks in the late afternoon early evening. Well there was one I remember in 24 hours in A&E.
Morning Malka hope you manage some rest through the day.

Feeling loads better now thanks everyone had a bacon sarnie put the towels in to wash and going to get washed and dressed and take Dillon for a stroll in a bit the sun is shining at the moment.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2014, 08:06 AM
Morning

Oh dear, lots of you in the wars this morning.

Lynn - Take it easy today; I hope you get some rest and feel better.

Jenny - Enjoy your busy day - it sounds like fun!

Bev - I wonder why your blood pressure has gone up? I hope it comes back down.

Emmi - Congrats!

Nippy - Enjoy your lazy day and look after that back!

Malka - I hope you can catch up on some rest today.

Hugs for Helena if you're looking in.

What a night! I poured myself a nice glass of wine and fell asleep before I could drink it. Woke up at 1,30 am! Went to bed and woke again at 4 am. Then Michael cried at 5 am so he came in with me and I could not sleep after that. I spent an hour messing with the Nexus 7 and eventually took Loki over the fields at 6 am.

I was going to cycle to school but we're forecast showers so I thought better of it. Michael is going to my mum today so I will have a few hours to do stuff.

Times tables - schools no longer seem to chant tables. I'm having to push the tables at home because I don't think the school gives them as much effort as when I was at school. Maybe these days the curriculum is so full they no longer have the time but what about parents who work full-time and can't spend time after school doing tables?

Apparently kids only have to learn tables up to 10 by the age 11 but Gove is introducing a new curriculum this year and they will have to learn up to 12 times by the age of 9. Well, we did that at school. I would be horrified if the kids don't know up to their 12 times tables by the time they start secondary school.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Morning Gordon thank you for the get well wishes the bacon sarnie has exceptional healing powers.
I hope it warms up your way it is feeling quite warm here already.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-05-2014, 08:08 AM
As always (with my mono-digit typing) Malka and Nippy snook on before I could post. Malka Good Luck with the toy hunt - in our establishment they turn up in the most peculiar places. Nippy - Strongly suspect that the back troubles could be directly proportionate to your whirling dervish antics on the dance floor over the weekend. Do hope that a bit of R & R puts it back in order for you. Bye fer now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2014, 08:09 AM
Morning Linda I hope you manage some rest.
Is that maybe one of the better things Gove is doing everything else he puts his hand too he mucks up and puts the teachers backs up.
Good idea to not cycle today I think. Towards the end of the week you should be safe to cycle we have some nice weather coming.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2014, 08:18 AM
I think so Lynn. I'm so not a fan of Gove but I do think tables should be done before secondary school.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Morning all.
Hope the sick bay empties soon - maybe Bacon Sarnies all round would help.
Hope Helena is ok after yesterday & they decided not to chop her finger off.
When we had to chant the times tables at school at least they stayed in the brain cells. They're about the only thing I can remember now.
We went out round the park & I only had a fleece on cos it seemed quite nice. You've guessed it - the heavens opened I thought it was only a quick shower so sheltered under a tree but it didn't stop. Made a dash for home but we ended up dripping wet Taff rubbed down now & me dried off, the floor dried & me changed. It's stopped now
Not much else planned as usual.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Lynne - I'm sure it isn't the only thing you remember but it is one way of getting them in there.

I have this good interactive maths trainer on the computer which we use.

Rant over for today!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2014, 09:58 AM
Morning Lynne. So unpredictable this weather not at all helpful when we go out with the sun shining and come home wet. Glad your all dried now.

I was the exception to the rule re: tables and I am of the era of chanting never stayed in not even now. Maths was a real sore subject for me bit like dyslexia for some I guess.
My eldest was the same but he is a whizz now working in retail and managing a garage and having a patient dad helped him enormously. His Junior school teacher was a bully and he struggled till secondary school then slowly got to grips with maths.
I am ok now self taught really and having to cope and get on with it.

Had a nice walk with Dillon sun was shining and it was very warm looking a bit dull now.
Phoned the hairdresser down the road and the phone was answered but not the hairdresser someone who just answers the phone to let you know Melonie works Thursday's Friday's and Saturday's. So I have rung a hairdresser in the next village and have an appointment for tomorrow 9.30.
Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »