Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
...[snip]...
it's only when the person gets really fed up with the dog they seek a new home for it.
Or do what they do here - drive to the nearest Moshav, Kibbutz or Army Base, dump the dog and drive off.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2013, 11:05 AM
I just hope the Daily Fail and tabloid witch hunt of the poor kennel owner doesn't add another tragedy to this already horrible tale
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Indeed, especially as it now seems they had a warning sign saying the dog should not go to a home with small children. I understand why the grandparents are angry but they are ignoring the parents made this choice. The only innocents are the child and the dog. Both of whom have paid the ultimate price.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2013, 12:34 PM
KYes

REALLY I mean really????

Go look it up in a dictionary or Google for goodness sake. Stop splitting hairs and making something out of nothing jeeeeezzzzzzzzz

[QUOTE=KYes;2755222]
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post

What do you mean by bad background ?
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Couldn't agree more.

My boy was found as a stray - no idea about his background. The pound/rescue centre whatever you want to call it, did as good a job as they could given their resources but it wasn't enough for my high energy, anxious boy. It took such a long time, in fact up to the present day really, to get him to trust us and interact with us.

It breaks my heart to see them passed around from pillar to post to people who have no idea how to treat them.

Originally Posted by Julie View Post
[

I would hazard a guess even if dogs that are fine before being put into rescue become damaged by the experience of losing their much loved home and put into a new one, even if they never experience kennels and are rehomed from one home to another. The shock and dismay they feel will stay with them in some form or other. Add to that many giving up dogs have disengaged from them at some point to be able to hand them over and you have a damaged dog.

Also many are badly treated deliberately and by neglect and it's only when the person gets really fed up with the dog they seek a new home for it.
Dogloverlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
I just hope the Daily Fail and tabloid witch hunt of the poor kennel owner doesn't add another tragedy to this already horrible tale
Agreed.

I don't understand all the blame for the rescue.

So many people think that a dog listed as "good with kids" means it can put up with any old treatment from children. We don't the circumstances surrounding the attack and therefore a fair and accurate account of what happened is unlikely.
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2013, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=Baxter8;2755252]KYes

REALLY I mean really????

Go look it up in a dictionary or Google for goodness sake. Stop splitting hairs and making something out of nothing jeeeeezzzzzzzzz

I won't take offence as you seem to have got end of stick so there is no point both us personaliising it

actually Ididn't even see your original quote the same way jodeeuk did, I just thought it a small by the way comment as part of a bigger list.post

however I was interested in your further comment where you return to jodee and maintain you think most rescue dogs have come from a "bad background" whereas I know this to be different as high proportion rescue dogs are handover from families due to domestic reasons or they just realised it wasn't for them. So most of these dogs have not. been mistreated or traumatized etc just well balanced dogs . But then I thought maybe what I think you mean by bad background isn't what you actually mean, therefore my sentence is absolutely literal and has no slant
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Dogloverlou View Post
Agreed.

I don't understand all the blame for the rescue.

So many people think that a dog listed as "good with kids" means it can put up with any old treatment from children. We don't the circumstances surrounding the attack and therefore a fair and accurate account of what happened is unlikely.
Incorrect . stray dog no history = never home with small children. you just dont do it full stop as any proper rescue will tell you as the dogs trust said today . this wasn't a proper rescue they are missing several of the standard ethical professional procedures another one being you never home to rented accommodation without written permission from landlord . its all that simple . my freinds in rescue often get grief from customers when they refuse to home stray dogs to homes with small children. And this is event is why its a risk assessment issue
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2013, 08:29 PM
never rehome a stray with kids ever,,,,,,,,, incidentally I have helped to rehome lots of dogs that have had no issues, I have also been bitten badly twice, both dogs had been with other rescues in kennels and been fine, both became unpredictable monsters in a home environment, neither were rehomed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
snakeman
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-11-2013, 11:01 PM
They are now saying its an aylestone bulldog,same as our roo...such a tragic chain of events..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...lldogs-2688508
Page 8 of 14 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »