View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-07-2013, 07:49 AM

I think I am here but am not sure. All I do know is that after a gone 1am lights out, two go-outs by Da Booga, a rude awakening by alarm [but I had her meds beside the clock] and then sleeping for another 3 hours, I woke to the horrible realisation that I only have enough mineral water left on the machine for cold drinks for today and there will not be another delivery until Tuesday...

...and I hadda feeling when I eventually got across to the macolet yesterday that I should buy some just in case... so must make it a priority for tomorrow. Boiled and cooled tap water can go in my coffee machine and I do have both regular and unleaded coffee for it, so I will cope. Just. First time in the 14 or so years that I have ever run out of water before a delivery.

Is it bedtime yet 'cos I am kernackered already!

Lynn - fingers crossed that you find THE one today.

Nechda - hope Dave came home in a good mood and that you both have a good w/e.

Bev - I hope Charly and Ash find a decent f/f for their new home.

Everyone - just enjoy what you have planned for the weekend.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-07-2013, 07:54 AM
Morning Eileen think if its the heat responsible for yesterdays madness there is more madness on the cards today then.
Morning Jenny enjoy the party and I think you need to take a fold up chair.
Morning Bev doesn't sound a much easier day for you to me today. Take care fence dismantling.
Morning Norma I hope today isn't too hot it sounds like it is going to be organised chaos.

Right off to change and pack the picnic in the cool bag then we are off out on our quest once again.
Just cooling the house down before we leave as it got quite hot when we walked Dillon.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Morning everyone, I suppose I should have explained yesterday BIL had a stroke 20 years ago and has been reliant on my sister ever since for everything. They think he may have had another little stroke but he has pneumonia and cannot eat by mouth as it goes down onto his lungs for some reason so he is being fed by a tube He also has tubes for his other functions too which has gone sceptic given him septacemia. He apparently is on life support oxygen but keeps floating in and out of consciousness. I think it would be kind for all concerned if he did pass peacefully.

Lynn, Good luck today, I hope you find the home of your dreams or at least one you can turn into a home of your dreams.

Helena, have a good changeover and hope Dave has recovered properly from his heat stroke.

Malka, hope you get your water ok from the Macolet.

Everyone else have a good day and stay cool. God bless.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Morning all...

Who stole my summer..... we got cloud, coolness AND DRIZZLE........you know..... that WET stuff........

Good Luck with the house hunt, today is the day you walk into a house and go....."WOW this is IT ".....

Do we have to organise a water drop for you Malka? one of those water airplanes that put fires out....

Have a good weekend with Dave, hope he feels better.

I am looking forward to a "Rock sitting" ceremony, will dust of me best hat...

So sorry to read about your BIL LL, I agree sometimes it would be best if they quietly slipped away...

Have fun at the party, lashings of jelly and custard then...

It was quite mad last night, I really had a giggle when I read it, but by that time everyone had gone to bed.

Take care all and have a great weekend, eversuffering husband is home later today and we have vodka and whiskey

Will nip in later and have a read....
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
JENNY,hope you enjoy the party. Grab a Lilo,take your bikini and have a sunbathe,that way you won't need a seat Have fun xx
Ooo you wouldn't want to see me in a bikini, that would frighten all the children away!

I gotta go find last nights thread now to read all the hilarity....or did you have to be there
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2013, 09:40 AM
I have read through last nights pages and you must have all been on the falling down water as it was hilarious. It's nice to see people enjoying themselves.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2013, 09:51 AM
MOYRA, sorry to hear about your BIL
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Morning fellow members a bit of cloud here today but still hot.

Not off to the best of starts, I got up early and took Chloe out /watered the garden/showered and washed my hair and drove into town to get to the monthly farmers market really early with the intention of buying some fruit for the freezer but there wasn't any, nothing This time last year I got lots of blackcurrants and gooseberries.

I am now making bread, something I have been putting off because of the heat.

Enjoy your day everyone
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Morning again everyone I missed earlier and those who follow

I was all done and finished by 10.30 am Both vans spic and span, can't believe it but I did get up there at 8 am.

I had a couple of "boys" in the small van, and the review they left me has really picked me up after those 'orrible people who said it wasn't clean They left it as they found it and said in my book "......everything was as promised, lovely and clean and fresh, we had such a great time we now wish we'd have booked TWO weeks here, and if it had been bigger, we would have stayed forever!!!" Well! can't have better than that can ya They're coming back next year and will stay in the bigger van they said.

Lunch all prepared, we're having steak, and the weather is just fab today, all cloudy and cool, but I'm still in a vest, no need for a t-shirt with sleeves yet.

Going to look at a car this afternoon with Dave he's found us a lovely bimmer estate, the same engine as I used to have the 330ci msport so it'll go like a rocket, Zena will have to hang on tight in the back there and we can't believe how cheap it is hoping to get it for £2K and it's only 20 mins drive away I'm getting all excited now. It'll probably be a right old skip, but it's gotta be better than this sluggish old Astra estate I've got now.

Elaine, enjoy having your o/h back and enjoying a few little chota's with him, I'm liking the sound of that.

Jen, enjoy the party, remember your party bag and fold up seat.

Moyra, oh dear, that sounds truly awful your bil's health, I do hope he improves.

Norma, hope it's not too hot for you to work today

Malka, I'm not surprised you wanna go back to bed after last night's antics on here.

Hi Jenny and June when you pop in later, but June I expect you're busy packing the girl's rucksacks with all your bits and bobs for kitting out that new rock of yours. Please send me an invite for the ceremony won'tcha

Dave's busy filling the ballistrades out the front ready for the neighbour's son to get painting out there, and then all that's left will be the back which I can do when I get bored (or not!)

Enjoy your day, I'm sure you've got the sunshine, but I'm really enjoying these clouds today.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Took Mabs and Keshi onto the towpath where it was shady.
Loads of young lads fishing, so Mabs nearly had heart failure because those long fishing rods are so very scary. Keshi very interested in the bait boxes and was there anything to eat in them please
Came home, got Cariad and Lona ready for the river, we were just approaching the little track I use that is very overgrown that nobody can find, and Lona was pulling like a train (it was weekend so they are always onlead till we are actually on the river)so I knew there was someone about, next minute there is another dog there in front of us on the overgrown pathway, there is someone behind it, and Lona has managed to tie herself up with a fallen tree I am saying to them get back, please go back I've 2 dogs here, and they moved back about an inch possibly, I cannot get near Lona to untangle her as she is trying to get to this dog and I am trying to keep Cariad away from the scenario. In the end the gentle leader clip gave way and Lona came to me on call, and I got the lead on her and managed to get home. So that is now my little piece of heaven disappeared because I daren't risk going back on there again if there are other dogs and my dogs running round, to them it is their territory and has been for 7 years now, so not like them being on the field which is used by many other dogs, they won't look kindly on strange dogs. Can't believe someone has found my little track and ruined it for me
Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »